Lowrance Ghost TM

Two Questions, I am looking to purchase one.

Who has the best price on them?

For those that have one, how do you like it?

Thanks for the info in advance.

2. Member
    They are MAP pricing so you will find the same price just about everywhere. I got mine from Cabela's when they had a 10% off day and with gift cards that were also 10% off! I've had mine about a year and can't speak too highly about it. The remote is not really necessary and doesn't work that great so I wouldn't bother with it. It's nice to have a unit above Gen 3 so the troller can communicate directly with the chartplotter.

NoCAL
    Last edited by NoCAL; 11-19-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    NoCal, thanks for the feedback on it, appreciate it.

4. Member
    I was looking to see if any board sponsors or anything carry the Lowrance Ghost.

Anyone can DM me that carries them as well.

Thanks.

5. Member
    Pretty sure there are board sponsors who carry it. You will get better responses if you post in the Lowrance and Trolling Motor forums.

NoCAL
    2B112175

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ironhavoc View Post
    I was looking to see if any board sponsors or anything carry the Lowrance Ghost.

Anyone can DM me that carries them as well.

Thanks.
    PM sent with Info
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Procraft/Astro Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    They are MAP pricing so you will find the same price just about everywhere. I got mine from Cabela's when they had a 10% off day and with gift cards that were also 10% off! I've had mine about a year and can't speak too highly about it. The remote is not really necessary and doesn't work that great so I wouldn't bother with it. It's nice to have a unit above Gen 3 so the troller can communicate directly with the chartplotter.

NoCAL
    NoCal i see you said you can't speak too highly about it, besides the remote not being necessary, what else do you not like about the Ghost?
    Last edited by johnw91; 11-19-2020 at 03:30 PM.
    John Woodward

2010 Nitro Z8

Remote works just fine for movement when you can't get to the pedal.. I don't use it as the primary method to maneuver however. Where the remote excels is at getting on and off anchor, and using the direction buttons to move 5 foot in any direction while on anchor.. makes adjustments a piece of cake, and most people don't realize it does that!
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

I have had the new Ghost for 3 months. It has been great so far. I had the Ultrex before. It was a very good trolling motor. The spot lock is awesome. Ghost has that also. The Ghost has a brushless motor which bottom line uses less battery power to produce the same power. I have experienced my batteries charging more quickly. I used to fish with my trolling motor on 6-7 speed with my Ultrex but now 4-5 with my Ghost. I don't think you can link your Lowrance with your Gen 2 units. You can't with Gen 3 either. It takes a Carbon or newer. Hope this helps some.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnw91 View Post
    NoCal i see you said you can't speak too highly about it, besides the remote not being necessary, what else do you not like about the Ghost?
    I wasn't being clear. I meant to say, I could not be more pleased with it. The only complaint would be the anchor mode can be a bit sensitive. You really need to be sitting still before you hit it, or it will knock you backwards trying to return to the spot it was when you hit anchor mode. A software update helped with that issue and I have nothing but good to say about it now. I agree the remote works but it is not sensitive enough or quick reacting enough to actually drive the boat. You can use it in a pinch and it will set Anchor mode for you but driving the boat is a bit difficult.

NoCAL
    2B112175

11. Member
    Another thing you can do is if you ever upgrade to the Lives is to set one of your keys at your console to Anchor Lock. That way if you catch a fish and walk it back to the seats or stern you just hit it on the console unit key button and it will lock you in place. This came in handy last weekend as I broke off in the rocks and got distracted while tying on another bait. I was almost in the rocks and hit anchor lock at the console and all was good. Just a thought and the Ghost is an awesome TM!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I wasn't being clear. I meant to say, I could not be more pleased with it. The only complaint would be the anchor mode can be a bit sensitive. You really need to be sitting still before you hit it, or it will knock you backwards trying to return to the spot it was when you hit anchor mode. A software update helped with that issue and I have nothing but good to say about it now. I agree the remote works but it is not sensitive enough or quick reacting enough to actually drive the boat. You can use it in a pinch and it will set Anchor mode for you but driving the boat is a bit difficult.

NoCAL
    I have had my Ghost about 2 months and my Anchor Lock is very smooth. My Ultrex I had before was all over the place until it settled in. My Ghost just sits in one place unless you are running at a high speed when you set the anchor lock.
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

Ti2's will link to the Ghost.. and be careful hitting spot lock when moving at a decent clip, it will drop anchor and throw you out of the boat if you aren't careful!
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

14. Member
    I have two.
    Got the first one in December and wanted to throw it in the garbage as anchor lock didn't work on my boat. Customer support talked me off the bridge. i believe all those problems are now gone. I can't say enough of good things about Lonnie at Lowrance. The trolling motor is rock solid and all functions now work as designed. If I can find anything bad would be that my cover had to be lenghtened due to the motor sits a lot higher than my old Motorguide. That's the best negative I can come up with. I would highly recommend.

Not sure on price but it is the best TM I have ever owned especially if you have the live graphs. Its very smooth and powerful to boot. Spot lock and contour following technology are amazing. Early this year I worked a long stretch of weed line for about 45 minutes. Set my desired route and speed and never touched the TM again.
    2020 Ranger Z520L 250 Pro XS 4

16. Member
    I have used the Ghost for a full year now and love it. Soon I will be getting the 52" shaft model since I fish tournaments on big water like the Columbia River. The motor has been a joy to fish with. Love the brushless motor, the ease of deployment and ease of retracting. The interface with the HDS LIVE for running routes is awesome, as is telling it to go to a waypoint. After one year of use the motor is as solid and looks as good as the day I unboxed it. The speed is fast, and the anchor lock is much less noisy than the competition, and it is nice not having the head spin around.
    ciao,
    Marc

17. Member
    The Ghost is the bomb.

18. Member
    I have ran my ghost all year and love it.

19. Member
    i was quoted from all of the board sponsors and 25 was the most difference between them
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools