Thread: Red River Map??

Red River Map??

Has there ever been a printed Red River local/fishing map? Never been and have a TBF National Championship coming in March.. I would live to get some kind of look at it on paper. Thanks

My son fished the college national championship there a few years ago. I do not remember having a map. I will look through my stack though. It will be different fishing though. If you are not familiar with going through locks, you need to read up and get information before you go. Biggest mistake folks make is to tie up when inside the lock. It will not end well.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    LOL, yeah.. thanks for that... I have lived through those scenarios.. and those that let go of the rope while it is flushing.. smh

there used to be some USGS nautical maps that was used for navigation, have not seen one in years , don't have any idea how accurate they would be especially depth,, the river changes so much every time it has high water or a flood that I doubt most maps would be useful ,, lots of hazards and unexpected shallow spots outside of the main navigation channel ,

5. Member
    I have old maps from the 2003.
    The way the river changes they are probably obsolete.

6. Member
    I have a map book that I bought 10 years ago. It shows the backwater areas no depth or contours. You can go to red river waterways.com they might still sell them or have a app that you can download.

7. Member
    I guess I was hoping there was something with the local names for reference.. I have figured out a few spots like Jungle, Little jungle, red oak, Sullivans, but have no clue on Shaw, Knee Knock, White House McDade, etc.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have color scanned PDF copies from Pool 3 to Pool 5. I think they are on my work PC.....Because I'm forgetful, send me a PM on Monday and I'll post them on my Google Drive so you can download them....

Just a FYI......for the last several years we had some big river flooding so some of the entrances to areas could be silted in, sandbars, etc. so if you do get out there.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    There’s maps... I think aid or fishing hotspots..

10. Member

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    My son fished the college national championship there a few years ago. I do not remember having a map. I will look through my stack though. It will be different fishing though. If you are not familiar with going through locks, you need to read up and get information before you go. Biggest mistake folks make is to tie up when inside the lock. It will not end well.
    Do they not force you to tie up anymore?

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The tie up part is tying up to the wrong thing. You must tie to the floating moore....the times i been thru or seen multiple boat, is one ties up the floating moore and others will just tie up to that boat or hold the side of it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    The tie up part is tying up to the wrong thing. You must tie to the floating moore....the times i been thru or seen multiple boat, is one ties up the floating moore and others will just tie up to that boat or hold the side of it.
    A friend of mine had a floating thingie get stuck. Almost sunk his boat.