Moving Z18 by hand

I currently have an RT188 and have to move it in and out of my garage by hand. The driveway is flat so this is pretty easy. I’m looking to upgrade to a Z18. I believe the Z18 will be about 800 pounds heavier than the RT188. I’m not sure how much harder it will be to move by hand. Can any Z18 owners weigh in? Can you move your rig by hand?

Yes, you can move it by hand. The ease of moving it will depend on if you have a dual axle or single axle.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

I move my z21 by hand. The dual axle does make angling it a little tough.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Banned
    I have alley access at my house and cannot wait until I buy the next home with ability to pull the boat and park it with my truck but for now I have a z7 single axle, mercury 150. Where I have to move mine is not flat, it is crushed gravel, and I have to make a 90 degree turn to get it in and out. I bought a trailer dolley and getting it out is doable but takes some effort since it is a slight uphill. Putting it back is a little easier because it is slightly downhill slope. With two people it is a breeze. If I had a dual axle though, it would be impossible without an electric trailer dolley. I also have a light aluminum duck boat but it is a big boy and still weighs around a 1000-1200 with boat, motor and trailer and that is a piece of cake to get in and out. Definitely doable with a fiberglass boat though, especially if you are not making any turns. Making the turns with a dual axle is where you will get yourself in trouble and the only way to do this is to have an electric dolley or 4 wheeler with a ball (my neighbors a few houses down use this to get theirs out and park it). If you have the money for an electric trailer dolley to save your back, I would go that route. There was a thread on the lounge a couple weeks ago on guys talking about them and which ones were good. I am 29, 6'1" and built on the hefty side. So I still have some youth and strength to be doing this. I will say, I will not want to be playing this game for many more years just to go fishing but I'm sure I will if I need to. A new house will be the solution for me in the next 5-7 years. Good luck, hope you enjoy the boat. Glass vs aluminum is night and day difference in wind.

5. Member
    Yes you can... figure a duel axle will be similar to rolling a small car around.

Easiest way is to actually rotate the wheel instead of push pull on the tongue. Same as we do if we move one of the classic’s around the garage.

Or if you will do it often invest in one of these and it will be stupid simple.

https://trailervalet.com/
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

I move my z8 (20' tandem) by hand 125ish times a year to hook up and again to park. It's harder when it is cold. The tires dont roll as easy. Cold to me is 30*f and lower air temp.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Thanks for all the insight. Do the random trailer benefits outweigh the increases difficulty in moving by hand?

8. Member
    I just bought a Z18 with tandem axle and bought 2 of the harbor freight wheel dollies for the front axle. Moving it is a breeze. I have to angle it in my garage and they work great.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/1250-l...lly-61917.html

9. Member
    I have a Z-7 which is really an older Z18. I can push/pull it on the standard Fulton jack, but it's not the greatest even with a fairly level surface. I've had a Trailer Valet for several years and it makes moving the boat a breeze. Especially with the drill attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Thanks for all the insight. Do the random trailer benefits outweigh the increases difficulty in moving by hand?
    Without a shadow of doubt!
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

I can move my Z21 as long as I'm not bare foot or wearing flip flops. Thoe the last time I moved it I stepped in some sand in my shoes and slipped and smacked my head right on the trolling motor.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

12. Member
    Wow! Those trailer dollies are cool! Never seen anything like that. Doesn’t even look like it would be more than 30 seconds to drag over and put in your trailer tires. Guess you’d need two for a single axle and 4 for a tandem?
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

Two may work on a tandem as they will slip where as the tire wouldnt.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089