Is there going to be a Green River Black Friday Open tournament this year??

If so any details, time entry fee etc. Thanks.
    Hire Lures BuzzWalker quick-clip on topwater blades
    2019 Nitro Z19 200 Pro XS 4S V-T2 Live well vents

http://www.greenriverbassclub.net/schedule

https://www.facebook.com/greenriverbassclub/?fref=ts

It's on their schedule and their FB page has more info....schedule list it as boat ramp in the state park, which does not narrow it down because the state park has the Green River Marina ramp and the Lone Valley ramp which are both in the State Park. Their Facebook post says Lone Valley ramp which is correct.
    Last edited by JR19; 11-19-2020 at 02:54 PM.

3. Member
    As of right now the tourny is on unless the governor hands down restrictions. It will be safe light + 8 hours out of lone valley boat ramp. $60 entry fee
    They aint got hands, set the hook

4. Member
    If anybody has any questions feel free to shoot me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    As of right now the tourny is on unless the governor hands down restrictions. It will be safe light + 8 hours out of lone valley boat ramp. $60 entry fee
    OK, thanks for the info.
    Hire Lures BuzzWalker quick-clip on topwater blades
    2019 Nitro Z19 200 Pro XS 4S V-T2 Live well vents

Wondering what won it.

7. Member
    Will Rigdon and Tanner Barnes won with 24# 7# big fish
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

Quote Originally Posted by BloodRiverBandit View Post
    Will Rigdon and Tanner Barnes won with 24# 7# big fish
    Wow nice bag and nice fish. Sounds like the bite has turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wow nice bag and nice fish. Sounds like the bite has turned on.
    It was a great bag of fish for 1st place but the overall numbers does not indicate the bite was great.

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    It was a great bag of fish for 1st place but the overall numbers does not indicate the bite was great.
    May head down there in the morning.

11. Member
    gotta remember we only got to fish 5 hours due to the fog delay. That was as bad as ive ever seen the fog on green

12. Member
    What was the top ten bags and how many boats. I haven’t seen the results except for this thread. Thx

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    gotta remember we only got to fish 5 hours due to the fog delay. That was as bad as ive ever seen the fog on green
    Yes very foggy...I drove home from work that morning a couple hours before daylight and at times all I done was 40 mph

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCreekKy View Post
    What was the top ten bags and how many boats. I haven’t seen the results except for this thread. Thx
    you can find the full field results on their facebook page...75 boats and paid 5 places...large 24+ bag for 1st...took 13.22 to get 5th place money. With it being an open and no points involved there is no need to weigh if your sure your out of the money so that will explain a lot of the zeros. Earlier when I said the overall numbers did not indicate a good bite I was basing my opinion off the lack of 10-12 pound bags. People don't chuck back 10-12 pounds even if there is no points involved, they bring them to the scales. Stephen also pointed out they had a long fog delay so if they did not get to fish a full eight hours this can skew how the numbers look. 64 out of 75 boats had had single digits. Hence the reason I formed the opinion the bite was not great. I was not there so for all I know they were biting good and every boat had a limit but there was a lot of small limits. I have talked to zero people who was on the water that day so I only have the numbers posted on their facebook page to form my opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/greenriverbassclub/?fref=ts

14. Member
    Better than cumberland. Black bag tournament was only a little over 13 with 76 boats & the thanksgiving tournament was a little over 18 with 153 boats.

15. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Better than cumberland. Black bag tournament was only a little over 13 with 76 boats & the thanksgiving tournament was a little over 18 with 153 boats.

I may very well be wrong but Cumberland has hit its peak and is on a downhill slide....with that being said my neighbor across the field from me was one of the team members that won a two day event on Cumberland with 20 pounds back a few weeks ago. That's 10 pounds a day and there was decent size field with a lot of good anglers in it. 10 pounds a day to win a big event is not very strong, granted I am talking about the lake not the people who fish in the event. If that lake was fishing strong it should have took 30-35 pounds two win a two day event. He told me he leaves on the 5th for the Harris Chain. Whomever wins that event will punch the last and final ticket to the 2021 Bassmaster Classis...but as for Cumberland its putting up poor bass numbers...I know this may be a side rant but maybe we can talk KDFW into letting everyone keeping 12" smallmouth since there is a lot of people out there that think its already okay. Great job KDFW is there an emoji for sarcasm because I need one about right now.

16. Member
    The bite’s picking up on Cumberland now, but I think the extreme pressure thanks to it being on t v all the time & also the reduced size limit are ruining it personally. Look on fish & wildlife’s sit for tournaments already scheduled next year & than there’s the ones there everyday too & it’s pretty extreme.

17. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I respect your opinion but to say Cumberland has extreme pressure is almost laughable when you compare it to Green...no offense...Cumberland does hoist some larger events but they have 50,000 acres to spread out. XFLW coming to town any day and KDFW giving them a handicap again...

"Off-Limits: Standard FLW off limits plus entire area inside the no wake buoys at General Burnside State Park. Competition waters are off-limits November 23-27, 2020 and December 2, 2020.

Fishing License: A Kentucky fishing license is required and can be purchased by phone at 877.598.2401 or online at takemefishing.org.

Catch Limit: 5; Size Limit: 12" Spotted Bass, 15" Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass"

Now back to my original rant...Green has three divisions of USA Bassin events, Renegade, GRBC, Angler's Outpost and KBF uses it like its the only lake in the state of KY with their high school, regular, state and regional events. Those are just the organized events I can think of off the top of my head. Throw in the Monday night, Tuesday night and Friday night jackpots, plus the out of town clubs that come in on Saturday and Sunday and the pressure soon gets extreme. Heck the KBF even has events on Tuesday. I think Thursday is the only day that does not hoist an event and I am talking about a 8,200 acre lake not a 50,000 acre lake. I respect your opinion of Cumberland getting pressure but if there was a way to figure angler per acer and angler per days in the year I bet Green gets a ton more pressure.

I hope you don't take offense to my "opinion". I know your passionate about you home water and I am passionate about my home water as well.
    Last edited by JR19; 11-30-2020 at 12:05 AM.

18. Member
    I may very well be wrong but Cumberland has hit its peak and is on a downhill slide....with that being said my neighbor across the field from me was one of the team members that won a two day event on Cumberland with 20 pounds back a few weeks ago. That's 10 pounds a day and there was decent size field with a lot of good anglers in it. 10 pounds a day to win a big event is not very strong, granted I am talking about the lake not the people who fish in the event. If that lake was fishing strong it should have took 30-35 pounds two win a two day event. He told me he leaves on the 5th for the Harris Chain. Whomever wins that event will punch the last and final ticket to the 2021 Bassmaster Classis...but as for Cumberland its putting up poor bass numbers...I know this may be a side rant but maybe we can talk KDFW into letting everyone keeping 12" smallmouth since there is a lot of people out there that think its already okay. Great job KDFW is there an emoji for sarcasm because I need one about right now.
    You are 110% correct!!! The pressure and live bait fishing will destroy cumberland!! I talked to a guy at the ramp last week that told me him and his partner had caught and kept 37 smallmouth during the week on shiners . Also With a huge uptick in guides and more and more of them targeting smallmouth with live bait the writing is on the wall!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

19. Member
    That’s the name of the game! Destroy one lake and go to the next!
    you can’t call yourself conservationists when that is your practice.

before you know it, we will be like Japan and only throw 4 lb line and Ned rigs or some ugly $60 bait cause it’s the only way to get bit!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dt16 View Post
    That’s the name of the game! Destroy one lake and go to the next!
    you can’t call yourself conservationists when that is your practice.

before you know it, we will be like Japan and only throw 4 lb line and Ned rigs or some ugly $60 bait cause it’s the only way to get bit!
    I wish we had fishing like Japan. The bass are the least pressured fish in their waters. They’re considered invasive. It’s easy fishing. Cast at a floating trash matt and 6-8 4#’s come out as a wolf pack storming the bait. It’s unreal.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys