Douglas bass right now. Lower end

Headed out tomorrow just wondering if anyone has been out last few days. Hoping water color is decent along with the bite. Any recent reports??

2. Member
    Watching this one as i am going to be there all week next week. If you see a big feller in an older Ranger stop by and say Hi.
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

I am interested in this as well! There have been so many tournaments there on the weekends I haven't got to go out and fish it myself and really didn't want to with all the people and pressure, but hopefully things will start to calm down now that it's getting colder and we can go fishin!

Heard from a good tournament fishing buddy of mine (pretty reliable source) that there is a good topwater bite going on right now. Like I said, that's not my claim-that's his, but if that's the case then I would say white/bone colored topwater of your choice in the coves/creeks.

Hoping to get out this weekend or next week as well and I really hope the topwater bite is true, that's my favorite way to fish!

Interested to see what others have to say though too..

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇
    Bass Pro Shops, Nitro Boats, Mercury, Kastking

4. Member
    I was midlake on Monday. Ended up with 2 smallmouth and 3 largemouth. All on lipless crank in 2-5’ of water. Water temp was 65F
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

5. Member
    Thanks!
    I am a Crankbait junkie...I'm in a program...It ain't helping!

6. Member
    Had 5 bites and 4 made it inside the kayak for pics. all keepers today. Fished flat creek.Couldn't establish a pattern caught 1 on an underspin, 2 on a flat side and 1 on a jig. Tried topwater quite a bit throughout day but no such luck

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish4fun24 View Post
    Had 5 bites and 4 made it inside the kayak for pics. all keepers today. Fished flat creek.Couldn't establish a pattern caught 1 on an underspin, 2 on a flat side and 1 on a jig. Tried topwater quite a bit throughout day but no such luck
    Not trying to be a smart azz, but how do you fish a topwater from a kayak? I couldn't sit on the water and throw a top water and certainly not co-ordinated enough to stand in a kayak as I'm an old guy.

8. Member
    I have a nucanoe. Hybrid kayak I guess. I stand alot and cast but it does have a decent raised seat. Top water was non existent at least for me that day

Just an update as well to anyone who may could benefit: went today and threw some lipless and moving baits and the only thing I could get to work was a topwater in the backs of the pockets. Bass are hitting small baitfish so I downsized the topwater and that's what worked!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇

10. Member
    Good to know. Thank you

11. Member
    Going to give it another shot Tuesday
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

12. Member
    dont know about now but i hope its better than it was about a week ago.topwater was fair but a lot of the fish would not take it.best weight i seen was caught fishing rocky bluffs with jigs very slow.in my honest opinion we are killing this lake.as others have said way too many tournaments.its beat to death.used to catch a lot more fish in the fall many many moons ago.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Quote Originally Posted by wentbroketryingtogopro View Post
    dont know about now but i hope its better than it was about a week ago.topwater was fair but a lot of the fish would not take it.best weight i seen was caught fishing rocky bluffs with jigs very slow.in my honest opinion we are killing this lake.as others have said way too many tournaments.its beat to death.used to catch a lot more fish in the fall many many moons ago.
    Could not agree more with you and could not have said it any better! This is the TRUTH. I get frustrated sometimes just trying to go out on the weekend with the family to go fish only to have every single ramp at this lake filled with a different tournament of 150-200+ boats or more...every...day it seems.

I've about decided to start driving an hour each way and see what lakes I can fish that don't have so much of a crowd!

2003 Nitro NX882
    2016 Mercury 150
    GOD First! 🕇

14. Banned
    Do a quick internet search on Town of Dandridge Tennessee Waterfront Master Plan and also the Dandridge Dock Project. The city of Dandridge decided they would create an environment to bring in fishing tournaments as a way to make money, more tournaments, more money. In my opinion there will be an increase in tournaments year after year, only slowing down when it’s obvious the fishery has declined and tournaments decide to go elsewhere because of it.

15. Member
    their plan has suceeded big time
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

16. Member
    Our lakes in SC are the same . Beat to death .