Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Also cant I hook this up to my elite ti 2 9 in and see the same data?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    What is the reason/purpose for the oil in the cocktail?
    Adding Premium Plus to your fuel tank at 150:1 is an Optimax only recommendation - Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by 1pabassman View Post
    Also cant I hook this up to my elite ti 2 9 in and see the same data?
    Yes you can. The Elite Ti2 has a NMEA port so you can you use Vessel View Link.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I've owned 2 Optimax outboards with no complaints yet. A few maintenance or repair items here or there, but all outboards have that. Warm them up good before hammering down like any outboard.
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Adding Premium Plus to your fuel tank at 150:1 is an Optimax only recommendation - Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations
    I know. What's the reason?

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As explained in the link provided:

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ-Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additives Recommendations
    This has been proven to benefit fuel system components by providing additional lubrication ONLY to the fuel system components (especially the direct injectors- which are often left DRY after engine shutdown).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by 1pabassman View Post
    Huh???
    Unlike EFIs and older Carbureted 2 stroke motors the oil and fuel never mix. On an Optimax/ProXS 2 stroke, the oil is delivered directly where it needs to go and never gets blended with gas. This leaves some moving parts dry. The most prominent parts are the injectors. Adding a little bit of Premium Plus oil to the fuel allows these to be lubricated when run and will have a slight film protecting them when the motor is off. All this is in the thread links posted. There is not a REQUIREMENT for this extra oil but it is supposed to help.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    As explained in the link provided:
    Thanks. That was a lot of words to search through. especially considering you both probably new the answer off the top of your heads. The snark never disappoints. :lol:

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Thanks. That was a lot of words to search through. especially considering you both probably new the answer off the top of your heads. The snark never disappoints. :lol:
    You've got a PM, Paul.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Well I'm in va going to anglers choice in the morning to get my 2011 opti proxs 200 on the boat they gave me a deal I couldn't pass up

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

12. Member
    10 years of year round fishing on my 1999 Opti and not one single issue. I do meticulously keep up with maintenance like plugs, filters, lower unit oil changes, etc, run Sea Foam or Quikleen in every tank, properly warm it up before the hole shot. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one.

13. Member
    So I made the plunge an drove to va to anglers choice and bought the 200 opti,and was even able to purchase a 5yr top to prop warranty fo 33.00 a mo . The folks down there were awesome to work with I give them 5 stars all day cant wait to feel the power, there was one glitch the gasket on the powerhead leaked a slight bit,so they pulled it back in the shop an pulled the powerhead and problem solved,probably from sitting also did a compression warm an all across the board 125 psi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12