Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Humminbird will soon be a competitor

Looks like Hummingbird is going to have a live unit early next year. If it does not have the ghost tree and/or Garmin does not fix their ghost tree issue then they will loose customers. Mostly new ones I would think. I have gotten use to it when water conditions change and it shows up more pronounced than at other times. So it would not get me to drop another $3500 just to get rid of it. But there are a lot of people that would. If I was upgrading my system I would buy it instead of Garmin. That's if Hummingbird has solved the ghost tree problem. They might have because their system does not require a "black box".

2. Banned
    Until it’s proven, it’s nothing. Now if we see Wheeler dump his Garmin (or all the pros for that matter), then we know it will be great. Right now, meh, a 360 live would have been more impressive.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Black box is not the problem it’s soft ware and that program has to be stored in the unit.Iam betting garmin has live scope 360 or something coming

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Ps not switching I love my Garmins amd now they have the transducers to compete with the best of them

Black box, I’m guessing will be gone soon. The ice fishing guys aren’t hip on hauling around a box. I imagine the HB will be spot on and Garmin knows it.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The 8600 series probably already has that technology along with the newer units maybe.Garmin has a lot of new units with the black box basically built in

7. Member
    I think Humminbird would be threat if their units operated as advertised . My Helix G2 Si Mega made a non-believer out of me. To get it to read depth correctly. I had to fiddle with it till I was blue in the face. Finally got it to work as it should by experimenting with work arounds. I will not play guinea pig for them anymore with my money.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

8. Banned
    What if Hbird and Garmin swap licenses and now Garmin adds a 360...

9. Member
    Here's the thing, you don't have Humminbird guys leaving and going to Garmin for better side imaging or 360. Most of the Bird guys that wanted livescope technology kept their stuff and bought a livescope system. These are the sales that will be lost. Those guys can stay with one brand and get 360, livescope or whatever they're calling it, Lakemaster, Navionics and the best side imaging available with MSI+. Humminbird's downfall to me is no available touchscreen on the more affordable Helix units and their 2D is lacking compared to Lowrance and Garmin. With that said I just bought two Echomap UHD units and will be gong that route, and I'm coming from Humminbird. For me it came down to bang for the buck offered with Garmin. I get pretty good sidevu with GT54, good built in mapping, touchscreen, livescope compatibility, and better 2D sonar. Garmin is a good company and they won't stop innovating. Just seems Humminbird will have a little more to offer for the guys that want to have it all and stay with one brand.

10. Member
    Humminbirds 2d is very good now

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    So it’s a ps 22 playing catch up to livescope .The transducer look a the same as a ps22 nothing like the the angles of a scope transducer

12. Member
    Maybe it is or maybe it isn't. I have not seen it in action

13. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    With garmin we have 3 lenses and over hundred of crystals As said so to get that awesome pic you have to have that kind of technology or it’s just basically a 2d turned side was to say.

This was posted in the HB forums

This is a picture of the Mega Live transducer
    https://humminbirdshop.nl/index.php?...id=443&lang=nl

This is a transducer someone one found on the web that works with Windows 7/8/10 that looks a like the mega live xdcr
    WATCH THE VIDEOS below the xdcr picture
    https://www.blueprintsubsea.com/page...php?PN=BP01042
    "The handicapped angler"

15. Banned
    For a lot of bird guys will have to upgrade since it only works with G3 and G4 birds.. I just bought the 93 UHD because I know garmin works and it good.. Will be getting Livescope soon..

Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    For a lot of bird guys will have to upgrade since it only works with G3 and G4 birds.. I just bought the 93 UHD because I know garmin works and it good.. Will be getting Livescope soon..
    Works with G1, G2 and G3 Solix
    I have G1's

I also have an Garmin Echomap

But with hard water up here I'll be waiting to see what both companies offer this spring

Point is if you watch the videos I think the bar has been raised for both companies
    "The handicapped angler"

17. Member
    So it’s a ps 22 playing catch up to livescope .The transducer look a the same as a ps22 nothing like the the angles of a scope transducer

The HB link shows 2 wires to the transducer (1 for power and 1 for sonar) so I would tend to agree it looks very similar to my PS21.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    With garmin we have 3 lenses and over hundred of crystals
    Probably not. Connector is 21 pin.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post

This is a transducer someone one found on the web that works with Windows 7/8/10 that looks a like the mega live xdcr

Those videos are amazing

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post

The list price on the 750 transducer is over 20K and the 1200 is almost 30K. I doubt they will be what humminbird or any other consumer system uses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast