Daiwa Spinning Reel Spool Size vs Other Brands

I'm looking to confirm that the 2500 series Daiwa (specifically BG) is comparable to other brand's 30/3000 size reels (specifically Shimano and Pflueger.) It appears so based on specs, wanted to get confirmation.

Thanks.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

I've not sat them side-by-side with a 3000, but the BG 2500 is definitely bigger than a Shimano 2500. If I had a gun to my head and I had to say one way or the other, I would guess that the BG 2500 is slightly smaller than a Shimano 3000, but very close.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I have a Penn battle II and a BG 2500 to compare side by side. They are for all practical purposes the same size. I took pictures but they are taking forever to upload, I will add them later. The line capacities are hard to go by, the 6lb mono the Penn says it holds a bunch more yards than the BG but for 8lb mono there is only a 5 yard difference... braid is all over the place, but Daiwa calculates with Jbraid and it tends to be a touch smaller in diameter than the more popular braids.

A BG 2500 for $82 is hard to beat with any other reel at ANY price, I think it is better than the Penn Battle II for sure, and not much different than a Saltiga, but yeah, the Saltiga sure is pretty.

4. Member
    The BG 2500 is, IMHO, a bit bigger than a Shimano 3000 spinner. It's also heavier than the Shimano, but the smoothness and quality feel better. The BG is a fantastic reel for the money. I'm considering replacing all my SW Shimano reels with BGs. I prefer the Shimano for FW due to the weight difference.