Thread: Mega Live!!!!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Checking credit card limit now...

2. Member
    Kind of funny seeing everyone say that they are sold. What if it’s the same as the crappy lowrance live images?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    If you mount this on Rickie’s round shaft Da Ducer that you can turn with a handle at the top, you can aim the Mega Live any direction. Manual model as well as electric with adding Cornfield electric mount. https://www.podunkideas.com/

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Kind of funny seeing everyone say that they are sold. What if it’s the same as the crappy lowrance live images?
    If it is then I will have a couple on Solix G2 units for sale

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    i think there’s a difference of being in the hype train and being optimistic (aka saying you’re all in)

vs what most of us sane people will do

stay excited, hope, and wait to see IN use live footage non demo or simulation.
    then you’ll debate if you should buy that or livescope 2.0 that will be released 3 months later and Lowrance active target 2.0 3 months after that.

just enjoy the ride!
    im still debating taking back my g4n that I don’t freaking need supposedly when that switched on me in a month. No point in doing research or pulling the trigger at anytime, no matter what we will all get screwed at some point ;)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    How do you know they weren’t happy?
    Right!?!? I mean some words on the page were only partially blurred and others (UPC) unreadable. Hahaha

Funny they say you don't need an external black box to run the transducer but its the same price as livescope and black box
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    That's the price of poker now. If it is better than Garmin they will have a hit and take back that niche. Next move is Garmin's. Cheaper or improve it. Good for all of us!
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Two specific things in the announcement caught my attention... 1) Wider beam and 2) no gaps in image. Those are two of the major things keeping me from going for LiveScope. Combine that with Mega+ quality and I think it will be a real winner.
    The no gap in image is what I'll be watching for, my Livescope has a definite weak zone when fishing less than 14ft with a hard bottom. I'm all humminbird except for Livescope it would be nice to have everything the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing1 View Post
    The no gap in image is what I'll be watching for, my Livescope has a definite weak zone when fishing less than 14ft with a hard bottom. I'm all humminbird except for Livescope it would be nice to have everything the same.
    Agree, I have everything minn kota and Humminbird on my boat. Just ordered Garmin and livescope but cancelled when I seen this news. Will wait it out till spring now.

LUND 1875 Pro Guide 👊🏻✊🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    How do you know they weren’t happy?
    Unhappy?
    ROFLMAO They are probably doing high fives right now
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this was their idea

They saw all the chatter about people getting ready to buy Livescope setups and saw all that cash ready to go to their competitor and now how many of these people are saying “I think I’ll wait and see”

Hell I’m one of them sense it will work with my G1 Solix’s

You got to give it to Humminbird they got the best marking people in the business
    Last edited by MichAngler; 11-19-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    "The handicapped angler"

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Most companies have "non disclosure" agreements in place with their distributors and retailers. Leaking what is clearly confidential pre-release information would be grounds for termination under those agreements. It will be interesting to see what Humminbird does, if anything, to RMP. Most likely, the public will never know.

With that said, I'm glad they leaked it
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by akowalc1 View Post
    Why would you need to run both M360 and Mega Live, if Mega Live (hence the name) is going to provide Mega+ quality imaging? I'm going to need to see it in person before pulling the trigger, and not the scans at 50ft, no wind, flat calm M360 videos you see on YouTube and other sites. Yes I'm clearly skeptical, but also hopeful that it delivers what HB users have been waiting years for! Might also be a nice option to have a M360 style pole mount too!
    Live imaging and structure imaging are two very different things. Livescope does not replace 360 and vice versa, two different animals with two different applications.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    If you mount this on Rickie’s round shaft Da Ducer that you can turn with a handle at the top, you can aim the Mega Live any direction. Manual model as well as electric with adding Cornfield electric mount. https://www.podunkideas.com/
    Perfect we anchor up, fish off back of boat, will need a transom option

15. Member
    I assume those with 360 and "Live" setup have a blind spot due to the 360 head/shaft? Or is that avoidable by mounting the "live" transducer below the 360 head/raising up the 360 a little?
    2013 Ranger Z521 | 250 Merc Pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC516 View Post
    I assume those with 360 and "Live" setup have a blind spot due to the 360 head/shaft? Or is that avoidable by mounting the "live" transducer below the 360 head/raising up the 360 a little?
    Haven't ever noticed a blind spot with LS and 360. The 360 is right below water line and LS is 6-7" above the motor housing. Would get a blind spot if the TM is way up in shallow water but the LS isn't very useful in those situations anyways IMO
    Fish have fins, they swim

17. Member
    Question, will the transducer move to each of the three view positions automatically or is it a manual adjustment? Always wondered this about the LiveScope perspective view as well (?)

18. Member
    My local tackle shop here says there taking pre orders already there picture has the UPC code and stuff not blurred out also

This unit will not be available until likely some time in May. We do feel the teaser was an intent to freeze purchases of other electronics which we do not feel is good. The present introduction of Lowrance Active and ongoing LiveScope are both platforms that we need now and why wait. The 360 Mega unit is also a valid user system that has a purpose today.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markson View Post
    Question, will the transducer move to each of the three view positions automatically or is it a manual adjustment? Always wondered this about the LiveScope perspective view as well (?)
    Loivescope is manual adjustment, I’m sure the others will be the same.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast