Thread: Foot Plate

Foot Plate

Good day.
    I recently bought a new to me boat. I just had a chance to put it in the water for test run a few days ago, and one thing I noticed was the lack of a way to to brace myself back into my seat in rough water. My Cajun, worked out well because the console was close enough to me that I could brace against the console front. But this is a much larger boat with tons more leg room and I can't reach the front of the console with my feet any longer. I have been all over the web but obviously not searching for the right things because I can't seem to come up with a 'foot brace' or something to accomplish this. I wondered if any of you had any ideas or resolved the issue in your boats and how?

Thank you

It would be good to know what model, make and year you purchased. That way folks can make comments specific to your situation.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    It would be good to know what model, make and year you purchased. That way folks can make comments specific to your situation.
    Sorry. Yes. Good Idea. Its an Xpress X21. It has the hot foot which is nice. It's the driver's left foot and the passenger which has a dual console that I am concerned about.

Thanks again.

This is how Charger does it. You can remove it if you don’t want it. The pic is the port side, but the Starboard side is the same.

2019 honda accord lx 0 60

My Stratos 185 doesn't have anything on the floor. Driver has steering wheel, passenger has a hand hold.
    Being new to bass boats i just assumed the - Get in, set down, shut up and hang on was normal.
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

6. Member
    I used a slider and used two pieces of 4in wide alum heliarced to the slider plate. Hard part was getting the angle right for your foot
    Last edited by retiredmechanic; 11-18-2020 at 09:52 PM. Reason: spelling

7. Member

You could always put a dead mans pedal in there... automotive style: https://amzn.to/3pL2Hqu & https://amzn.to/3nPgHxF are 2 quick but similar examples..

However I think with a minor mod https://amzn.to/3pASRHo would look really good under the console and be a very effective dead man pedal for wedging yourself in the seat.. You could extend the bracket legs and mount the bracket on the floor.
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

9. Member
    Thanks for all the great ideas!

You need to have someone fab you up a "dead pedal " to bolt to the floor for your left foot.

Just call Chris and tell him what you need. CB Marine Design board sponsor.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com