999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    9 3/8”
    Thanks Gary... appreciate it

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

3. Member
    how is the Brailist with dark sleepers?
    2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS - HDS Carbon 16 & HDS Carbon 12 - Minn Kota Ultrex

Quote Originally Posted by dgrabs View Post
    If it’s anything like the Orochi XX it will be perfect or close to it. The only other rod I’d look at is the EMTF.

Jerk Bait Special and Braillist have SOLD OUT, there aren't many Perfect Pitch, Diablo Spec R, or Shakey Head left either. We are accepting pre-orders for all other models, as well as Jerk Bait Special and Braillist for a January 2021 delivery time.

Quote Originally Posted by dgrabs View Post
    I haven't fished the new Braillist yet, but the Dark Sleeper is a bait that is absolutely within its wheel house. I fished the 1 oz. Dark Sleeper on the Perfect Pitch and it handles it very nicely.

6. Member
    Would any of them work for a Carolina rig with a one ounce weight .

Quote Originally Posted by nitromorris View Post
    Would any of them work for a Carolina rig with a one ounce weight .
    The Perfect Pitch can handle those duties without any trouble. I've thrown the 1 oz Dark Sleeper on it and it handles that bait very well. That's essentially dragging a 1 oz weight on the bottom, it just has a tail and a hook

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    The Braillist is listed in the first post in this thread. It is one of the first five models that will begin shipping very soon.

The Leviathan ship date is also listed in the first post in this thread. It reads that it will ship in late January 2021.

Both the Perfect Pitch and Braillist are jig and worm rods by design. Both are versatile in general, with the Perfect Pitch being heavier in power and better for heavier presentations and heavier cover. The Braillist is also a capable jig and worm rod, lighter in power than Perfect Pitch, but still plenty powerful for casting jigs in deeper, more open water. They compliment each other very nicely.

Received my rod last night and all I can say is WOW the pictures don't do it justice. Packaging and shipping was great no issues and I appreciate the little gifts!!

9. Member
    How much more powerful is the perfect pitch versus a braillist? I see the power rating of 7 versus 5.5, which seems substantial. I see the braillist touted as a good jig rod, but seems the perfect pitch would be better... is it because the braillist loads deeper? Is the perfect pitch too powerful?

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

Quote Originally Posted by BassinChef View Post
    Received my rod last night and all I can say is WOW the pictures don't do it justice. Packaging and shipping was great no issues and I appreciate the little gifts!!
    Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy the new rod!

Quote Originally Posted by jbabin76 View Post
    How much more powerful is the perfect pitch versus a braillist? I see the power rating of 7 versus 5.5, which seems substantial. I see the braillist touted as a good jig rod, but seems the perfect pitch would be better... is it because the braillist loads deeper? Is the perfect pitch too powerful?
    They're both good jig rods, just for some different "best" applications. I'd rather have the Braillist for dragging a 1/2 oz football jig in deep water for example, but I'd rather have the Perfect Pitch for pitching a big chunky jig to heavy grass or wood cover. I have the Perfect Pitch and I certainly don't consider it too heavy for its intended uses. Guys are going to love this as a frog rod as well considering the action and power...

11. Member
    Rods were delivered last night, crazy nice fit finish feel for the price, excited to see how they fish.
    2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS - HDS Carbon 16 & HDS Carbon 12 - Minn Kota Ultrex

12. Member
    I have never owned a Megabass rod, but am starting to get curious. Which would be better for 3/8 vibrating jigs and 1/2 lipless cranks the Diablo Spec R or EMTF? Or is there a better option? I currently use a Dobyns Champ XP 736 glass if that gives you an idea of my preference.

Both the Diablo Spec R and the EMTF are fine choices for those applications. The EMTF is obviously longer and has a little bit more parabolic flex to the blank, though the Diablo Spec R feels more like a moderate fast than a true fast. It is designed to be a very versatile do it all type rod. Both of these rods are far lighter, far more crisp, and if you like the feel of a big, heavy glass rod for those baits, you may be in for a surprise with these!

14. Member
    The weight of the 736 glass is what makes me what to replace it. I like its deep flex, it slings baits a mile, and has a great landing percentage, but my bad wrists and shoulders sometimes want a lighter option. Do you think these two would be better for those presentations than a Tatula Elite 72MHRB or 74MHRB? Thanks as always Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by PSchueller View Post
    The weight of the 736 glass is what makes me what to replace it. I like its deep flex, it slings baits a mile, and has a great landing percentage, but my bad wrists and shoulders sometimes want a lighter option. Do you think these two would be better for those presentations than a Tatula Elite 72MHRB or 74MHRB? Thanks as always Gary!
    Understood. I know that rod will cast nicely and keeps fish pinned, but it is uncomfortably heavy for some. Both of those TAEL rods are great options too and will cover those applications nicely. The action of the EMTF is closer to the RB Elite models. The fastest of the four under consideration is the DSR. I personally prefer the aesthetic of the new Levante to the Elite, but application wise, they'll all get it done. As always, feel free to send me a PM or call the shop anytime with questions or for additional details.

16. Banned
    Might be a little confused here. I really got into my "shakeyheads" this year. I could use a good rod dedicated to that. Typically toss 5/16" weight.
    I clicked each of the links for rods but didn't see anything labeled as such. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    Might be a little confused here. I really got into my "shakeyheads" this year. I could use a good rod dedicated to that. Typically toss 5/16" weight.
    I clicked each of the links for rods but didn't see anything labeled as such. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tom
    Hi Tom - I just checked, clicked the link in blue in the first post on the first page of this thread and it took me directly to the three models available in Levante spinning. The Shakey Head model shows in stock, and it's called "Shakyhead" - I added another link below in blue. Please feel free to email or PM me if you have any other issues. We still have a few, very few of these in stock...

Levante Shakyhead Direct Link

18. Banned
    That's where I made the mistake. I was in the casting rods section.
    Which rod would you recommend in the casting section for a shakeyhead ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    That's where I made the mistake. I was in the casting rods section.
    Which rod would you recommend in the casting section for a shakeyhead ?
    Understood, it happens!

The Jerk Bait Special is going to be your best bet. It has a fast action and enough back bone for some lighter single hook applications.

20. Banned
    Ordered. Thank you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast