Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

How do you get to heaven ?

So with all the discussion ect, what do you have to do?

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    So with all the discussion ect, what do you have to do?
    What is God’s revelation today for salvation? Is it repent, be baptized, and believe Jesus is the promised Messiah of Israel? No, the content of the gospel has changed. The Lord revealed our gospel to Paul and is called the “gospel of the grace of God” (Acts 20.24). The gospel for today is the following:
    1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, (1 Corinthians 15.1-4).
    What we have to believe, i.e., obey, to be saved today is that Christ died for us and rose from the dead.
    Realize he already done it all.
    2 Corinthians 5: 11-21. Read it, then read it again, keep reading it. It clicks after a bit you can see what Paul was saying.
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 11-17-2020 at 09:02 PM.

There is a plan of Salvation in the Bible.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

4. Banned

I am only 15 minutes in so far, but real good. Highlight so far is the fork in road between law and grace, you gotta decide.

5. Member
    The gospel has NOT changed one bit from Genesis to Revelation. Period

1. Genesis 3:21, NIV: "The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them."

Job 29:14, KJV. "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels."

​ 3. Psalm 132: Let Your priests be clothed with righteousness,And let Your godly ones sing for joy.

But you are a chosen race, a
    royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

5. Zechariah 3:4 He spoke and said to those who were standing before him, saying, “Remove the filthy garments from him.” Again he said to him, “See, I have taken your iniquity away from you and will clothe you with festal robes.”

6. Revelation 19:8

It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints
    Last edited by godsdozer; 11-17-2020 at 10:36 PM.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    The gospel has NOT changed one bit from Genesis to Revelation. Period
    Always by faith.

7. Member
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
    Michael Dilday
    Suffolk, Va.

2021 Tracker 195 TXW 150 Merc 4S, Minn Kota Edge TM, Humminbird Fish Finders

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Always by faith.

I had to add a few more to my original post , you got me excited about the Good News of the Gospel !

It is Gods grace alone that gives us faith thereby receiving the clothing he gave to Adam and Eve. Gods goodness and Mercy abounds forever and ever Amen.

9. Member
    It's as simple as ABC.
    A. Admit that you are a sinner
    B. Believe that Jesus died on a cross to take away your sins
    C. Confess that you ask Jesus to save you and repent ( turn from ) of your sins.
    If you become a Christian, then your life will be changed, and Jesus will be in control of your life.

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:43 AM.

11. Banned
    So.. can a pedophile priest, after 20 years of abusing children, get in?

12. Banned
    yup, a serial killer on his death bed can get in. I have great video about this I will post in a bit.
    Excellent video on the dividing line determining who gets into heaven and hell. Only 8 minutes long Rexico.
    Last edited by grandbassslayer; 11-18-2020 at 06:43 PM.

13. Member
    Rex,
    Remember what Jesus said about who is going to Heaven, simple answer everyone, however, please read the words in Romans 14: 11-12 for clarity as to what will occur before GOD.
    IMHO, GOD will be making the ultimate and final decision as to where we will be spending our eternal lives, even for those that do not believe in Hades, Sheol, Gehenna, Hell. ( Choose whatever name you like, but there is no do over. This is a one way trip, so choose wisely and tread lightly).

Now, if you believe that none of that applies to you, there is always Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven, and I have heard that you can get climb it by shotgunning some of that legal or illegal oregano.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrodgers View Post
    It's as simple as ABC.
    A. Admit that you are a sinner
    B. Believe that Jesus died on a cross to take away your sins
    C. Confess that you ask Jesus to save you and repent ( turn from ) of your sins.
    If you become a Christian, then your life will be changed, and Jesus will be in control of your life.
    Excellent suggestions. Amen

15. Banned
    yup, a serial killer on his death bed can get in. I have great video about this I will post in a bit.
    Excellent video on the dividing line determining who gets into heaven and hell. Only 8 minutes long Rexico.
    So a serial killer and a pedophile can get in, but the most perfect Hindu or Mormon, can't?

16. Member
    So a serial killer and a pedophile can get in, but the most perfect Hindu or Mormon, can't?
    Rex,
    Remember what I said in the previous post, no one can Know for sure for GOD makes the final decision on that day that we all will appear before Him.
    Nevertheless, there is a very important prerequisite, which is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, your Intercessor Redeemer and the sacrifice that He did no that cross for you, me and the entire world. We all have choices to make, therefore, choose wisely always remembering that the fear of GOD truly is the beginning of wisdom.

Be well and be safe.

17. Banned
    Most perfect applies to no man. A Hindu or Mormon would need to put their faith in Jesus Christ, and Christ alone.

You cannot live a life of sin and then on your deathbed just ask Jesus to come into your heart and be saved.
    Saul lived as a persecutor of Christian's for years. Saw a light on the road to Damascus and was not told to get down on his knees and say a prayer to ask Jesus into his heart. He was told by God to go into the city and be baptized to wash away his sins. The Bible clearly teaches this. There is NOT ONE example in the Bible of someone saying a prayer to ask Jesus into their heart to be saved. That's why the Church of Christ follows what the Bible teaches. DO NOT add to or take anything away from Scripture.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    You cannot live a life of sin and then on your deathbed just ask Jesus to come into your heart and be saved.
    Saul lived as a persecutor of Christian's for years. Saw a light on the road to Damascus and was not told to get down on his knees and say a prayer to ask Jesus into his heart. He was told by God to go into the city and be baptized to wash away his sins. The Bible clearly teaches this. There is NOT ONE example in the Bible of someone saying a prayer to ask Jesus into their heart to be saved. That's why the Church of Christ follows what the Bible teaches. DO NOT add to or take anything away from Scripture.
    What about the thief on the cross, is he in your Bible?

20. Banned
    Most perfect applies to no man. A Hindu or Mormon would need to put their faith in Jesus Christ, and Christ alone.
    If the Hindu that had no knowledge of Christianity at his death, what happens?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast