SeaStar Hydraulic Cylinder HC5358 with re-build kit; $300 plus shipping

I bought this cylinder from a FB group without realizing it was the wrong one for my engine. My understanding is that the cylinder was in working condition when removed from the boat it was attached to.

I bought the cylinder re-build kit as a precaution in case the cylinder leaked when I hooked it up. I'll include the re-build kit with this cylinder.

I ended up buying the correct cylinder for my engine and never installed this one.

I'll take $300 plus shipping cost.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    What engine do you have that this would not fit?
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    The cylinder would not fit on my 1996 Mercury EFI. The triangular shaped part that connects to the engine’s steering arm needed to be flipped over for it to fit correctly.

I tried flipping the bracket, but there were pressed in bushings attaching it to the cylinder. I did not want to damage the cylinder trying to remove the bushings so I just bought the HC 5345 cylinder that fits my engine.

Figured I’d sell this one to try and get my money back.

I believe this cylinder is meant for a Yamaha?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geno27 View Post
    The cylinder would not fit on my 1996 Mercury EFI. The triangular shaped part that connects to the engine’s steering arm needed to be flipped over for it to fit correctly.

I tried flipping the bracket, but there were pressed in bushings attaching it to the cylinder. I did not want to damage the cylinder trying to remove the bushings so I just bought the HC 5345 cylinder that fits my engine.

Figured I’d sell this one to try and get my money back.

I believe this cylinder is meant for a Yamaha?
    You did not have to buy that other cylinder. The 5358 is for Yamaha and yes all you had to do is flip the bracket. The bushings just tap out flip it over the put the bushings back. You pull them back in with the bolts.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS