2018 Evinrude G2 250 Warped Top Cap

Just installed a new to me G2 and I’m trying to come up to speed on the global issues with these motors. My top cap is warped on the starboard side which reveals a half inch gap between the cap and the motor. Any other owners seen this before? Is this a frequently seen issue for the G2s?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twokids View Post
    Just installed a new to me G2 and I’m trying to come up to speed on the global issues with these motors. My top cap is warped on the starboard side which reveals a half inch gap between the cap and the motor. Any other owners seen this before? Is this a frequently seen issue for the G2s?
    Is the engine under warranty. 2nd owner warranty does transfer over. This is a known issue.

3. Member
    Bighare - Yes, it should be covered through 2028. Once I get the warranty transferred I’ll submit a claim. Thanks for the tribal knowledge.

4. Member
    Dark colour in hot environment, I have seen a few black ones warp. If you are leaving the engine in the sun uncovered might pay to remove top cover. It is amazing the temp difference between a white and black top cover after sitting in 40 degree C days we get down here in Summer.