Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Questions 07 alpha 199

I have some questions about a 07 Legend Alpha 199 with a 225 Mercury ProXS
    How is the ride with this hull?

What design was this hull taken from? I was told it was from a Champion hull?

What kind of top end, speed wise does this hull have?

How is the fishability?

Thanks in advance.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    It's not a deep V like a Champion but has lineage back to Champ. The original Legends came from Hawk which was a John Storie boat. I don't know how the Alpha differs from the original. The 211 was on my short list when I ran across the 210 I have now.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    It's not a deep V like a Champion but has lineage back to Champ. The original Legends came from Hawk which was a John Storie boat. I don't know how the Alpha differs from the original. The 211 was on my short list when I ran across the 210 I have now.
    This a fact as my early Legend even has a Hawk transom plate on it.

4. Member
    I have had my 08 199 225 opti almost 7 years .Had a 06 519 before it. Its a deeper v than the 519 and rough water ride is way better. I had to sell the 519 because it was giving me whiplash in my neck. The 519 had a bigger front deck and more tackle storage and a little more stable when fishing. Overall I like the 199 way better as we have 3-4 footers here often. Top speed with no weight and a 26 tempest around 75. But have a 25 fury on it for better all around performance and it will hit 62 with full load.