M360 SI Crappie pic

I took this shot on a river yesterday trolling with my m360 si and my chart speed was 6 in mega frequency. Do the shadows from this crappie school seem elongated or not proportional? My sensitivity was around 6 and contrast 12. Just seems like the school and their shadows should be more rounded. The brighter return on the right side is an ascending shoreline. I used pallet 11 on my solix 12...it popped it little better in full sun. Any more tweaking to do to get this pic to look more "natural"? I've heard that increasing chart speed would help stretch objects..Would a higher chart speed help this pic? or should I be happy with what i had dialed in? TIA

snp1115205658.jpg

2. Member
    have you tried matching chart speed with SOG?

the fish do seem a bit squished together

3. Member
    I know everyone says to do that and some say 1-2 ticks above sog. I'm so use to spot locking and running my other views maxed out I guess I just didn't realize how much truth there was to matching chart speed with boat speed on si..Thanks for bringing that to my attention..sounds like the obvious solution. I guess i feel like i'm missing something with the chart speed so low. Will definitely try to turn the chart speed down next trip.

4. Member
    I don't see anything wrong with your shot. I think some of what your seeing is determined by how high up in the water column the fish you are seeing.
    If the fish seem squished together then to me if anything the chart speed needs to be higher to elongate the targets.