Thread: TSLA

TSLA

Will join the S$P 500.

2. Member
    Saw that. It's about time honestly

And up goes the stock price. Nice little ah jump.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

4. idbefishing
    Someone knew and bought up a very large chunk of stocks and options the day before news broke

5. Member
    I've not had much time to watch the market or trade lately, but when I looked at premarket yesterday and BLNK was at 15, I thought hmmmm, that's definitely a buy with what TSLAs doing, but didn't buy any. It never fails

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'm hoping S&P inclusion turns out to be a dud for the price and can pick up some more at lower prices.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Sounds like there could be some volatility in other S&P holdings as they sell other positions to rebalance for its inclusion.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    I've not had much time to watch the market or trade lately, but when I looked at premarket yesterday and BLNK was at 15, I thought hmmmm, that's definitely a buy with what TSLAs doing, but didn't buy any. It never fails
    Okay, so should have bought BLNK here, or this morning like I considered doing. Hopefully I'm not saying this again in another week

Should have just held all of the shares I owned from $10ish

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    When I bought at $396 I really thought I would be able to add at lower prices. Then it became, I'll buy on a pullback to 450 now it's I'll buy on a pullback to 500.

I read an interesting comparison of TSLA to AAPL, that if you're a TSLA bull, it makes really good sense. I think it was one of the analyst of ARK investing who said that TSLA is where AAPL was at the launch of one of the early I-phones.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    When I bought at $396 I really thought I would be able to add at lower prices. Then it became, I'll buy on a pullback to 450 now it's I'll buy on a pullback to 500.

I read an interesting comparison of TSLA to AAPL, that if you're a TSLA bull, it makes really good sense. I think it was one of the analyst of ARK investing who said that TSLA is where AAPL was at the launch of one of the early I-phones.
    I don't think I ever remember Apple being so highly valued though, probably because it was viewed as a hardware company. I just can't bring myself to buy shares. I may write some cash secured puts on them at lower prices. I think I am just hard wired as more of a value investor. It was tough for me to buy Amazon and Goggle a year or so ago.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Yeah I don't think AAPL ever had a PE of 1000