LVS 12 questions.

Anyone running a LVS 12 and LVS 32 at the same time? I have a Ultra 106sv with an LVS 32 and I'm thinking of running both on the same pole pointed in opposite directions on split screen. I'm wondering if the 12 image is comparable to the 32. I know the limitations of the 12 so just looking for quality comparison. I'm not impressed with the side imaging of the GT 54 for finding fish and would like to use Livescope for side imaging. Also can one adjust the forward view of the 12 to different angles or is it just forward and down? Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    . I'm wondering if the 12 image is comparable to the 32
    Yes
    can one adjust the forward view of the 12 to different angles
    its just forward and down, but you can tweak the forward range and bottom range in forward view to cover more area.

3. Member
    I'd recommend against it. Of course any transducer that is showing you something, otherwise not viewable will be a help. On the other hand, there has been a lot of discussion and complaint on this board about what is not visible due to blocking by the ghost tree or when removed the resulting weak or dead spot. It's not that large of an area compared to the 45 degree 100% blind area between the Forward View and Down View of the LVS12. No matter how you position the transducer the blind area will still be 45 degrees. Make sure that's something you can live with if you go this route.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I have both the LVS12 and LVS32. My idea was to use the LVS12 on a small boat I have called a Twin Troller. I experimented with changing the transducer angle on the LVS12 to change the views; the simplicity of the LVS12 is appealing. The LVS12 is better than nothing but no where near as good as the LVS32. Ended up going back to the truck to get the LVS32 and black box. If you are trying to fish a brush pile at 15 feet deep, the down view on the LVS12 is fine but you will need to use a short rod in order to keep your bait within the view.

5. Member
    Thank you for the information. I would be looking to use the 12 primarily for forward view to locate suspended fish so it sounds like it might work for my intended purpose. Final question. I've never had a problem with the Ghost tree which I could not control. Is the Tree a problem on the LVS 12 also?

6. Member
    Never seen it or heard of it on the LVS12.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
    Thank you for the information. I would be looking to use the 12 primarily for forward view to locate suspended fish so it sounds like it might work for my intended purpose. Final question. I've never had a problem with the Ghost tree which I could not control. Is the Tree a problem on the LVS 12 also?
    I believe the ghost tree is the result of "stitching" together the various beams from the LVS32 transducer to create the large (135 degree) surface. The LVS12 doesn't have that problem because of the way the beams are handled (no stitching required).

8. Member
    Thanks everyone. Think I'll try it in the spring.

9. Member
    20201119_143743.jpg20201119_143743.jpg
    I have a 12 and 32 on the same pole will be testing it today

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Post pics from the LVS 12.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/y1zMWjONWuCy
    This is the lvs12 and LVS32 on the same pole no interference at all I would have 2x LVS32 if I had the money

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigdog72 View Post
    https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/y1zMWjONWuCy
    This is the lvs12 and LVS32 on the same pole no interference at all I would have 2x LVS32 if I had the money
    ....and LVS12 image quality same as 32

13. Member
    From what I have seen yes

14. Member
    Very Nice. Thanks for sharing.

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    That LVS12 really cuts out alot of the view.....only seen advertisement pics but never a video as you posted....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

16. Member
    ....and also cuts out 2/3 of the price

I have some pics of when I had mine, but theyre all in 2d-style palette.

17. Banned
    I was tempted to get the 12, but man that video really did show me how much surround/coverage I’d be missing out on. Back to waiting for a BF livescope.

18. Member
    I went to the lake this afternoon and attached the LVS12 transducer to the Fishing Specialties pole the the LVS32 is attached to. First off, you can use both transducers at the same time. I created a combo view that had the Forward view from the LVS12 and the Forward view for the LVS32. Black box running 2.20. Clarity was the same. I tried the Forward view on LvS12 and it was not good but the water may have been too deep. Will try again. The Down view on the LVS12 was pretty good. I could not use my 12’ rod because the bait was outside of the cone. When I switched to the 6 1/2 foot rod, things worked much better. Once you see the jig in the cone, you can rotate the pole until the jig is in the center. Works pretty good. I may tilt the LVS12 transducer to see if the Forward view is better (or try shallower water). With the LVS32, I typically set the range on out and rotate the pole until I see the brush pile, the start moving toward it and reduce the range as I get closer. Crappie fishing has been good all fall but the fish have moved deeper so my goal this afternoon was to find some deeper brush. I found a big school of fish in the river channel (turned out to be Yellow Bass). I hit the Spot Lock and turned on the Bobo’s Thumper (which was located in the back of the boat) and it got wild. I was using 1/32 oz. Popeye jigs tipped with minnows but the fish got so excited I didn’t need minnows. Plus, I was able to watch everything on Livescope!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I'd recommend against it. Of course any transducer that is showing you something, otherwise not viewable will be a help. On the other hand, there has been a lot of discussion and complaint on this board about what is not visible due to blocking by the ghost tree or when removed the resulting weak or dead spot. It's not that large of an area compared to the 45 degree 100% blind area between the Forward View and Down View of the LVS12. No matter how you position the transducer the blind area will still be 45 degrees. Make sure that's something you can live with if you go this route.
    Isn't LVS12 30 degrees forwards and 30 degrees side to side?
    LVS12_down.png
    It slices a thin slice along the transom just like PS30 does, or doesn't it ?? LVS32 uses 3 arrays (3xLVS12) to produce the 135 degrees and that's what the GLS10 is for. If it was 30 degrees underneeth the boat (15 degrees forward and aft of the transom if you have it transom mount which I guess is the default for LVS12) and 30 degrees forward you would need at least two arrays. I might be wrong though.

20. Member
    You're mixing things up. The PS30, front to back, is either 10,20 or 40 degrees depending on the software setting. Left to Right, I think it is 120 degrees. It also has beam steering software options to point the beam fore or aft instead of straight down. It also has options for 3D down and 3D historical. Now on the LVS12. Go back and look at the pic in Post #3. There you can show what portion of the LVS32 cone can be seen with the LVS12.