Thread: Seadek

Seadek

Does Bass Cat plan to offer Seadek or similar material this as an option in the future?

I don't like the Seadek with the swirls and Seadek name on it like you see on the Xpress boats but I would be interested in something that was basic.

2. Member
    I would love to see this in the bottom of the boat at least. holds less water

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman81 View Post
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Quote Originally Posted by Aceman81 View Post
    Theres a few guys on the face book owners page who have done just the floor and it looks great.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

5. Bobby8
    Is this the flooring that Basscat said they did not usebecause of the extra weight? I rememberreading about a flooring they considered too heavy to use.

6. Member
    I have had seadeck in my wake boat for several years. I don't like it at all. Stains easy, gets tears and imprints. I definitely wouldn't want it in my bass boat. Looks great at first then goes down hill from there.

They are researching other option due to the staining and durability.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They are researching other option due to the staining and durability.
    Don't do it Basscat. I have also had Gatorstep... Same issues. Keep making the best boat carpet on the market. This is a fad that once people try it and see how fragile it is, will go back to carpet.

9. Member
    I think the concept is good but I’m still a carpet guy especially the quality carpet that is used in a cat

10. Member
    Comments from many on this site (BBC), Sea Deck tends to stain easily and hooks tend to damage it.
    Swing a fish to the deck with a crankbait, and you have instant tears in the Sea Deck.

It does dry quicker than carpet, but for me durability is more important.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Thought it was more durable. Wasn't aware of the staining and tearing issues.

Only reason I was thinking of going this route is because my boat will be on a dock with a covered lift and I figured it would be easier to clean than carpet.

Really don't want to be messing around with a cover every time I want to use the boat.

12. Member
    I think there are other more durable materials out there. Whatever Ranger used on their Intracoastal models seemed pretty tough. I almost put Seadek in my Lynx cockpit area then I saw a 6 month old Phoenix with Seadek in the cockit. It looked like it would last maybe 1 season.

13. Member
    Yar-craft uses some type of foam flooring and it looks great. I get the durability and staining issues. All this means is a that a new innovative technology must be created. Can't wait to see what the market comes up with.

There are very limited overseas manufacturers of the EVA foams and It’s all from one of those, no matter the brand.

There are other products being built now and we are looking at those for future use.

The Yar-Craft models are limited annual use generally due to weather and get about 4 months hard use.

We are also concerned about replacement costs.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    There are very limited overseas manufacturers of the EVA foams and It’s all from one of those, no matter the brand.

There are other products being built now and we are looking at those for future use.

The Yar-Craft models are limited annual use generally due to weather and get about 4 months hard use.

We are also concerned about replacement costs.
    Thanks for keeping Bass Cat at the front of the pack! #1