Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    You can get a total of 8 with 2 box's. One port goes to one port on the second box. 5 devices on a single box.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

2. Member
    When, if ever, will the Apex units be available to actually purchase? I have seen a release date of 1/15/21 but I was just told they (HB) will not be starting manufacturing until the middle of February.

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion 223 View Post
    When, if ever, will the Apex units be available to actually purchase? I have seen a release date of 1/15/21 but I was just told they (HB) will not be starting manufacturing until the middle of February.
    I haven't seen anything official from Humminbird. The only thing I have seen is an image showing the 1/15 first ship date (posted in an earlier post in this thread). Were you told February directly by Humminbird or told by somebody else?

February wouldn't surprise me since the Solix G3, with the same Dual Processor, finally just started shipping last week (based on a Tweet from Humminbird).
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I haven't seen anything official from Humminbird. The only thing I have seen is an image showing the 1/15 first ship date (posted in an earlier post in this thread). Were you told February directly by Humminbird or told by somebody else?

February wouldn't surprise me since the Solix G3, with the same Dual Processor, finally just started shipping last week (based on a Tweet from Humminbird).

I stopped into Thorne BroS Custom Rod & Tackle in Blaine, MN last week. I ended up talking to the owner/one of the owners about the Apex models. I left my information and he called me back a couple days later and he said he talked to the HB sales rep for the district and the HB sales rep told him that they have not even started manufacturing them and would not start until the middle of February.

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Not sure I believe it but was told today by Humminbird Tech Support that the Apex units have started shipping to the distributors. I specifically asked are you sure it's the Apex units and not the Solix G3 units and they confirmed.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Not sure I believe it but was told today by Humminbird Tech Support that the Apex units have started shipping to the distributors. I specifically asked are you sure it's the Apex units and not the Solix G3 units and they confirmed.

I talked to Humminbird today. They told me to call again next Thursday as they might have an update but as of now no shipping has taken place on the Apex models. Tackle warehouse dates changed today from January 15 to February 14th. I talked to them today also and they really have no idea when to expect them. It is crazy to me to release any information about something and not have a realistic plan of when you will actually release to the the public.

7. Member
    Companies announce new product release information well before the manufacturing date in order to block sales to the competition, in hopes the consumer will wait for their product. It’s smart, and a courtesy to the consumer. I have to laugh that people complain when they buy something and right after they make the purchase a newer version comes out, they say had they known they would have waited. Then people complain when new product is announced early and they have to wait several months to get it. Human beings are funny creatures.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    Companies announce new product release information well before the manufacturing date in order to block sales to the competition, in hopes the consumer will wait for their product. It’s smart, and a courtesy to the consumer. I have to laugh that people complain when they buy something and right after they make the purchase a newer version comes out, they say had they known they would have waited. Then people complain when new product is announced early and they have to wait several months to get it. Human beings are funny creatures.
    Human beings are spoiled brats at this point.

9. Member
    HEY!! I resemble that!

10. Member

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if they really do have it in stock? Might be worth a call. I checked the web site for about 10 other Marine Electronics dealers and none of them are showing any stock yet.

Also, still been checking daily for the Apex Operations Manual to be posted but not available yet.

12. Member

13. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Still watching the Humminbird web site for the posting of the operations manual but nothing yet. Haven't seen any other news or updates on Facebook or anywhere else.

Anybody else heard any updates?

14. Member
    Not sure if posted already but doesn't look like APEX'S have bluetooth.
    Also went from SD to uSD.
    Last edited by TXSkeeterBells; 02-03-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXSkeeterBells View Post
    Not sure if posted already but doesn't look like ALEX'S don't have bluetooth.
    The Bluetooth icon is the third one to the right in the next to last bottom row of features icons:

APEX 13 MEGA SI+ CHARTPLOTTER | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)

Several new units went to microSD readers. The Helix 15 has dual microSD readers.

HELIX 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSkeeterBells View Post
    Not sure if posted already but doesn't look like ALEX'S don't have bluetooth.
    Yes, I have the MicroSD information in the original post. Not the first Humminbird to have that and shouldn't be a problem. For years, all of the chartt cards have been MicroSD cards in full SD enclosures.

You really scared me for a minute on the Bluetooth comment. Yes, the Apex has Bluetooth. The Bluetooth logo is on the Apex page and it also has a section on the One Boat Network. It specifically mentions linking to the Cannon Optimum Downriggers. I have a pair of Cannon Optimum Downriggers currently connected to my Solix and Bluetooth is the only way to do that. I feel certain that the Apex will include Bluetooth.

17. Member
    Yes, I have the MicroSD information in the original post. Not the first Humminbird to have that and shouldn't be a problem. For years, all of the chartt cards have been MicroSD cards in full SD enclosures.

You really scared me for a minute on the Bluetooth comment. Yes, the Apex has Bluetooth. The Bluetooth logo is on the Apex page and it also has a section on the One Boat Network. It specifically mentions linking to the Cannon Optimum Downriggers. I have a pair of Cannon Optimum Downriggers currently connected to my Solix and Bluetooth is the only way to do that. I feel certain that the Apex will include Bluetooth.
    I see the Bluetooth logo but do a comparison with a solix and Bluetooth isn't listed where it is with the Solix so mixed information I guess. I'm assuming it's there anyway as they still have to connect to other Bluetooth stuff.

18. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I'm still watching a couple of different areas on the Humminbird web site for the posting of the Apex Operations Manual but there has still been no activity. The manuals are usually posted prior to any kind of volume shipments.

Given the delays in the Solix G3 volume shipments and limited supplies of the Helix 4GN, I have a feeling that Humminbird is still wrestling with very spotty electronics component availability from their suppliers... Primarily China.

I'm anxious to get my hands on the Apex 19 so I will continue to watch and report on any Apex activity or news.

19. Member
    I’m waiting on an Apex 13 myself so please do post if you see any movement. If it drags out too long I may have to go with the Solix 12 if they are available first.

Quote Originally Posted by 91tiger View Post
    I’m waiting on an Apex 13 myself so please do post if you see any movement. If it drags out too long I may have to go with the Solix 12 if they are available first.
    The SOLIX G3 is already available, but limited supply like everything else in the world due to COVID 19.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast