Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    The Apex was design for the saltwater market, that was HB main focus with these units. But, alot of the features will definitely help with rigging bass boats.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabbster View Post
    I would guess it's WiFi device. That would fit well with the comments that G3N doesn't support Mega Live. Otherwise it's hard to see why G3N couldn't support it but G4N would
    Be nice if HB would develop and release a Wifi switch/router to interface with the Apex and new Helix G4N with a WiFi interface vs cables.............

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RGK456 View Post
    Be nice if HB would develop and release a Wifi switch/router to interface with the Apex and new Helix G4N with a WiFi interface vs cables.............
    And Solix G3, which also has WiFi.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

That 19 could very easily replace 2 units at the bow .... That makes the price look better. Considering there is only $1000 difference between the 13 and the 19, the 19 looks a lot more appealing. That 19 is definitely gonna be a lure magnet.... gonna need bullet proof glass.

I keep hoping one of these days they will have one main box which will drive other dumb monitors. They definitely need more horsepower in the main unit if they go this route. Maybe there will be some dumb displays in the future.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob B View Post
    That 19 could very easily replace 2 units at the bow .... That makes the price look better. Considering there is only $1000 difference between the 13 and the 19, the 19 looks a lot more appealing. That 19 is definitely gonna be a lure magnet.... gonna need bullet proof glass.

I keep hoping one of these days they will have one main box which will drive other dumb monitors. They definitely need more horsepower in the main unit if they go this route. Maybe there will be some dumb displays in the future.
    I totally agree with you. I just placed my order with Hennessey Outdoor Electronics today for the 19" Apex. I only have one unit and don't plan to get a 2nd unit so this is the perfect choice for me. Also think it will be great for the Mega 360 as well... Lots of screen real estate.and the higher resolution should be beneficial as well.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Plus you won't need a y cable with the dual transducer hook up

And ... if you have a bow unit, a console unit, and a Ipilot link connection ..... should be able to get by without the 5 port Ethernet switch.

Wondering if it will communicate with Solix ... and share waypoints with Helix.

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    So is my Solix gen 3 obsolete now? It hasn't even shipped that I know of!!!

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I totally agree with you. I just placed my order with Hennessey Outdoor Electronics today for the 19" Apex. I only have one unit and don't plan to get a 2nd unit so this is the perfect choice for me. Also think it will be great for the Mega 360 as well... Lots of screen real estate.and the higher resolution should be beneficial as well.
    I hope this is the case but I think the 2nd port is specific to a 2D accessory like the Aramar transducer. I don't think you could run the Mega 360 in the 2nd port but I may give HB a call to find out if that would work.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
    So is my Solix gen 3 obsolete now? It hasn't even shipped that I know of!!!
    I also had a Solix 15" G3 on order but decided to go with the Apex 19" instead. I don't think this is a replacement for the Solix as I think it is more targeted at the blue water off shore fishermen. I troll for stripers in fresh water lakes and only want a single head unit in my boat so I couldn't resist the higher resolution, 19" screen, and the HDMI in/out. Not sure yet what I will do with the HDMI but I can see doing recordings directly to my phone.

Bet I could put a 1/2 oz jig right through that nineteen incher ;)

12. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    Plus you won't need a y cable with the dual transducer hook up
    I did call Humminbird this morning and they confirmed my suspicions that the 2nd transducer port will not work for the Mega 360. It is dedicated to the Airmar deep water transducer and is there for the benefit of the off shore fishermen. It can not be used for the Mega 360 so you would still need the "Y" cable with the Apex and it would be the same "Y cable that works with the Solix.

13. Member
    For those considering using (1) large display vs. 2 or more smaller displays, keep in mind you now have a SPOF (single point of failure). If you need to send your (1) large display in for service/warranty work/replacement (or your buddy puts his 1/2 oz jig through your screen), you will be fishing from shore for a few weeks (which could easily turn into a few months). Just a consideration...

14. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frank77 View Post
    For those considering using (1) large display vs. 2 or more smaller displays, keep in mind you now have a SPOF (single point of failure). If you need to send your (1) large display in for service/warranty work/replacement (or your buddy puts his 1/2 oz jig through your screen), you will be fishing from shore for a few weeks (which could easily turn into a few months). Just a consideration...
    My case is a little unique. I use a pontoon with Downriggers in the front to troll for Stripers. Don't do any casting and there is no need for control heads in the front. Unless I'm setting lines, making adjustments or reeling in a striper, I'm sitting at the captains chair. I have very limited area at the console and don't really have a place for multiple units. I may jinx myself but through the Onix, Solix, and hopefully Apex, I've never been without a device for more than a week or two at the most. I'm also retired so I fish a lot and can survive for a week or two without fishing.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I also had a Solix 15" G3 on order but decided to go with the Apex 19" instead. I don't think this is a replacement for the Solix as I think it is more targeted at the blue water off shore fishermen. I troll for stripers in fresh water lakes and only want a single head unit in my boat so I couldn't resist the higher resolution, 19" screen, and the HDMI in/out. Not sure yet what I will do with the HDMI but I can see doing recordings directly to my phone.
    I doubt I’ll ever see blue water in my boat, and honestly don’t have room for more than a 10” if I want to flush mount in the console.

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Looks like Humminbird has a few Apex accessories on the web site now. Showing as "out of stock" which is to be expected since it still isn't shipping. One thing I noticed is that the Power Cord is new and looks to be a heavier gauge.

New Power Cord (PC13) - https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...ex-power-cable
    HDMI Cable - https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...mi-video-cable
    Apex GPS Adapter Cable - https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...ex-gps-adapter

Still no Apex Operations Manual posted on the web site although I was told by Humminbird that the manual would be live very soon... take that for what it's worth.

Will update the first post with these items.

17. Member
    Do you think the Apex will display HDMI from an Aqua Vue 10i?

18. Member
    Should be plug and play. HDMI in and out. 10i has an hdmi out. Check before buying though
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    It's easy to visualize how the HDMI out port will be utilized but the HDMI in would need programming in the control head to at least provide a "view" which includes the HDMI as input. It would seem logical that the Aqua Vue could be used as long as the Aqua Vue 10i has an HDMI output capability.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 11-26-2020 at 04:51 PM. Reason: typo

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stosiak View Post
    The first thing I thought about when I saw it :-) I'm sure it will work just like G and L does.

I could care less about the size or screen resolution but I used to run my Vu plugged into a Lowrance unit. That is one feature I miss on the birds. Can't wait to have it again!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast