Thread: Metanium dc

Metanium dc

Won a metanium dc as a draw prize this past weekend.Looking for ideas as what to use it for.
    Thinking about Jerkbait,swim jigs or use it to make long casts with magnum shaky head.
    Any suggestions or thoughts of those who own one would be appreciated.

2. Member
    That is a quality reel that you could use for many applications.

3. Member
    The Shimano Metanium DC makes one fine jerkbait reel.

4. Member
    The DC reels, for me at least, really shine in two areas...casting into the wind and skipping baits. You can cast far with them, but in my experience they don't cast much further than a non-DC reel unless you are casting into the wind. Then they outperform a standard reel by a lot. And if you are not a proficient skipper (like me), they make you look much much better than you actually are.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    The DC reels, for me at least, really shine in two areas...casting into the wind and skipping baits. You can cast far with them, but in my experience they don't cast much further than a non-DC reel unless you are casting into the wind. Then they outperform a standard reel by a lot. And if you are not a proficient skipper (like me), they make you look much much better than you actually are.
    Agreed^
    2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS - HDS Carbon 16 & HDS Carbon 12 - Minn Kota Ultrex