Thread: Gen 3 Updates

Gen 3 Updates

Am I right in thinking that the last Gen 3 software update was 18.2 ?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukesox View Post
    That is the latest and last update for the Gen 3 units. Be careful as many guys (me included) lost depth reading when I updated to the 18.2 version and switched back to the 7 version.

If I wasn't lost, I'd surely know where I was going!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smith64a View Post
    That is the latest and last update for the Gen 3 units. Be careful as many guys (me included) lost depth reading when I updated to the 18.2 version and switched back to the 7 version.
    Thanks for the confirmation and info ��

4. Member
    Stay with 7

5. Member
    i have the 18.2 in mine and no problems

6. Member
    So when I go to settings on the units where it says software version it should say 7? I have 5.4
    Am I missing something?

7. Member
    I had 18.2 on mine as well. No issues. 2 HDS 9s connected by Ethernet and NMEA, StructureScan 3D, Point 1. No problems.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    I had 18.2 on mine as well. No issues. 2 HDS 9s connected by Ethernet and NMEA, StructureScan 3D, Point 1. No problems.

NoCAL
    My Gen 3 has 18.2 which I downloaded as soon as it became available (before I’d come across posts warning against it).
    My Carbon has 20.0.1, as the unit told me it was available for download when I first powered it up.
    My SS 3D has 63.1.291.
    All updates were via WiFi & Ive never done a hard reset (out of ignorance as much as anything else). I’ve networked the units & everything seems fine using 3D , AI 3 in 1 and a decade old LSS 1 transducer (plugged into the back of the Carbon with no black box).
    I guess I must have been lucky with the downloads but I wonder if I’m missing something when I read that for the best results the versions for Gen 3 & 3D need to be the same (version 7) & that the 3D version shouldn’t exceed the Gen 3 version?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    Stay with 7
    This might be worth a read:
    https://teamcolibri.blogspot.com/202...e-182.html?m=1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Nice read, thanks. Kinda like Apple slowing older i phones down to accommodate newest software.
    I am one of the ones that had issues with 18 and above. Units would just freeze and require re starting and would freeze through the day. My boat was purchased new in November of 2016 with 2 - 9" Gen 3s then. I'm sure they have lived their life. With both computer and fishing graphs, buy the latest and greatest when you buy, as it is left behind within 12 months. Technology marches on.

Thanks again,
    Mike Harris
    Dalton, GA USA

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Great information.

12. Member
    will the gen 3 running 7 work with ss3d? does it matter what ss3e version is loaded on the ss3d unit to work with a gen 3??
    thanks

randy

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    will the gen 3 running 7 work with ss3d? does it matter what ss3e version is loaded on the ss3d unit to work with a gen 3??
    thanks

randy

I would like to know the best version for SS3D with 7.0 Gen 3 also.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukesox View Post
    I updated to 18.2 with absolutely no problems and I like the new features that came out with it.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z520brewer View Post
    thanks

randy
    My Gen3 12 with an earlier version than 7.0 worked well with SS3D and also after I down loaded 18.2 to it (skipped V 7.0) so I don’t see why you should have a problem with 7.0
    I have read that for the “best” results your SS3D shouldn’t be running on a later version than the one installed on your Gen3, though I don’t know what “best” was referring to. I skipped a couple of SS3D versions and ended up with 20.0 (63.1.291) which is the latest for SS3D (March 2020) and it worked fine with no noticeable difference with Gen3 on 18.2. (March 2018)

16. Member
    Thanks