Thread: 320a prop??

320a prop??

I have a 95 320a with a 150 intruder, which prop and size should I be running?? Thanks

2. Member
    What rpm are you getting at WOT now?

3. Member
    I was getting 5200 with a 4 blade renegade 23, I had a new throttle control box and cables and now I’m only getting 4800 and lost about 10mp. I’m going to adjust throttle and lync and sync, but even before, I’ve read I should be higher, around 5800.

4. Member
    Sounds like your throttle is not hitting 100% now if you have lost that many rpm with a cable swap. But loosing 10mph with a 400rpm drop also seems Extreme. Was the motor removed Or moved to replace the cable?
    The Renegade is not probably your best prop for speed. A Raker or Tempest would carry load a lot better and the 150 is a little under powered on that hull. But if you are only getting 5200 before, it sounds like you need to work on the setup first. Should turn that 23 higher than 5200.
    What is the prop-to-pad measurement?
    Do you Have a jackplate?
    Seems like you may be running the motor too low.

5. Member
    The motor was not removed, no jack plate, not sure on the prop to pad, a buddy told me he thought I needed to raise the motor though, I’ll have to look in to measuring that. What should I be on the prop to pad?

6. Member
    Around 3”. Without a jackplate it will be hard to adjust.