Trolling motor foot pedal

Hey Guys,
    I finally picked up my 2021 Z18 Friday and have a quick question. The foot pedal for my trolling motor is loose in the recessed tray, can I screw it down without hitting any wires underneath the tray?
    Thanks

Dale

More than likely, but most of us don't screw them down. I would take the bow access panel off and look to make sure.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    Really no need to screw it down. It’s nice to pop it out when cleaning the boat.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Really no need to screw it down. It’s nice to pop it out when cleaning the boat.
    Good point, I didn't think about that. This is the first boat I've owned with the recessed tray, on the other bass boats I've owned the foot pedal was on the deck, so we always put a couple of screws in it to keep it from flying around.

I screw mine down, these new foot pedals do not need to be bouncing at all.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

mine doesnt bounce, but i have picked it up for 20 seconds while the recess was full of water after sticking the bow though a wave while on the TM

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I screw mine down, these new foot pedals do not need to be bouncing at all.
    What type of screw did you use? I assume I would be drilling into fiberglass?

8. Member
    Mine is velcro down with heavy duty outdoor velcro. I can remove to clean and to make sure the drain is draining and keep it cleaned out.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Mine is velcro down with heavy duty outdoor velcro. I can remove to clean and to make sure the drain is draining and keep it cleaned out.
    thats a good idea. Best of both worlds.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Most boat companies put "meat" in between the fiberglass in these areas to screw down things. Dealer did mine, but on my last I think it was wood screws.
    Last edited by BMCD; 11-17-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Mist boat companies put "meat" in between the fiberglass in these areas to screw down things. Dealer did mine, but on my last I think it was wood screws.
    That's what I was thinking.

12. Member
    mine came screwed down from the factory
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

Quote Originally Posted by joebone1 View Post
    mine came screwed down from the factory
    Dealer^ no way our dealers would spend a minute to undo it, just like the rod straps, I had to install my own because my dealer wanted me to put them in the right spot. But if the factory put them on they wouldn't spend the time to un do it.

And its because of picky people like me. I order my electronics loose instead of installed.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. Member
    Is there a tray on the market that the Tour Pro pedal will fit into, or will I have to get a custom made one? I've read that the pedal is 14 1/2" by 9 1/4", but don't know if they were referring to the 24v. models or 36. Maybe they're both the same. Was thinking the EZ Troll tray, but it is only 13" long. I don't even have the motor yet, but am hoping to get one for my 2006 Blazer 190 Pro-V. Also, would I be weakening the deck badly, by cutting a hole that big? There is nothing under the area needing to be cut out. It is just a sheet of fiberglass, maybe around 1/2" thick. It's held up well for 14 years. I weigh about 165 pounds. Thank you. 6:00 p.m. : ComforTroll just emailed me that their D-Lux model would fit. Any others?? Thank you.
    Last edited by ydna; 12-08-2020 at 06:10 PM.