Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The Pro-View ducer performs excellent in weeds. The only things that beat a 22 with a Pro-View are the 28 and 30 on low power in the weeds. Lucky to get to play with them all and my main machine right now is a 28, but when I bring people out with me, I let them try the 28 and I run the 22. The 12 degree is also solid, I was not a fan of the Tri-Beam. I had issues with mine when I got the 22 and the guys at Vexilar replaced it with the Pro-View for me under warranty and I ended up getting a Pro-View for my 20 and ordered my 28 with the Pro-View.

The new 30 comes with a Broad Band transducer which allows you to flip thru different frequencies which can be helpful depending on water depth and weed cover.

The combo of Livescope and the 28 put a limit of crappies topside yesterday and I am gonna make fish tacos for lunch today.

2. Member
    Livescope and a 28?
    Curious.....why even the 28, if the LS can do downview?

3. Member
    Got the 24v strikemaster auger, pretty sure it is enough for the thin Midwest ice

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Livescope and a 28?
    Curious.....why even the 28, if the LS can do downview?
    I am just getting started with the Livescope thru the ice, but in my experience, specifically fishing deep water, the livescope doesn't have the same resolution that the 28 or any other flasher does. This weekend I was fishing 40 feet and the crappies were suspended about 15 feet off the bottom. We drilled a couple holes to start, located the schools, drilled around those and would chase with the flashers. Left the livescope system in the Glide-Lite sled at "base camp". When the fish would move we would look for them with the scope and drill a few more holes. Tried fishing in the same hole as the scope and couldn't see the tiny jigs very easily, but with the vexilar I could watch it all the way down. I did watch my buddies reel up a couple crappies on livescope though, and that was pretty entertaining.

5. Member
    Tdobb that is exactly where I think livescope will shine for icefishing. Finding them and following them in the biggest battle of all in my opinion.

6. Member
    TDobb,
    Thank you for the response on the proview.
    I will never give up my Vex, but the temptation to buy a livescope is very strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12