Banned

Archery Hunting and Glasses

Recently started wearing glasses for distance and can see much better, more clear. I've always shot my bow thru a peep with both eyes open.

I'm still not comfortable shooting my bow with my normal glasses. The sunglasses seem better but wrap around much more than the normal glasses. Anyone ever tried getting prescription goggles?

I have started closing one eye but still seems strange. I can sort of see the edge of the glasses.

Any tips or suggestions.

Just keep shooting, it will still be annoying, but you will get used to it.. now when thr glasses fog up , well I dont have a good answer for that.

Haven't shot my bow in quite a few years but I shot for many many years with glasses, even bi focals. Always both eyes open. Just concentrate on your pin, same as always. The rest should blur away.

What style peep are you using? If its one of those old styles with the tiny aperture and the rubber tube to hold her straight, you could switch to a ring aperture, such as a radical archery peep with a 3/16 aperture. Lots of old schoolers still haven't went " tubeless"

5. Member
    just a thought have you thought about no peep

6. Member
    You have to turn your head a little more to look through the center of your glasses.
    2015 189 trx

7. Banned
    No tube on peep bow has been crackerizecd

that means custom string always pulls back perfect no need for tube