Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    I think most guys who have them say they'll never go back..5yrs on my trolling batteries and 4 on my starting..I always see 12.8v on my 4 graphs..I've also not had to send a graph back to hummingbird in those 4 yrs.i think the consistent power is worth the price. Jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    I'm really considering lithium when my batteries now are done. My new ghost runs so long on 24v flooded cell old school batteries, I am thinking of going with a 24v lithium. I know my boat is definitely different with just me as compared to with a fishing partner. I think lithiums and power pole charge would be the deal.
    Yes it is! In addition to all the performance improvements I saw, not only did I lose weight from the battery swap but the charge weighs next to nothing compared to my old 4 bank Dual Pro, I also had increased capabilities from my batteries. I now have no concerns at all about draining my batteries... I had posted the following in another thread this past summer...

Love my Charge/Ionic lithium’s setup. I'm running3 x 50ah and a 125ah cranking.
    I just spent 5 days on Pickwick. Four days doing a lot of idling/graphing as well as a decent amount of fishing and then one day fishing a tournament. On tournament day I had a decent run to start and finish (10 miles) then fishing some strong current, a couple of short runs during the day mixed in.
    Over those 5 days I never once plugged my boat in... not a single time! When I got home my cranking battery was at 77% and my trollers were at 80%
    I'm running 3 x 12” Garmins, Livescope, Dual Poles, 36v Ultrex and livewells running all day on the tournament day.
    I could not be more pleased with my setup!!
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

Quote Originally Posted by th365thli View Post
    Now let's see, you spent what, $1000 plus or minus for a little fishing improvement, which I agree with Joe, you could have handled with a texas rig or with a senko.

Cut to the chase. What did you really gain? 3 fish, maybe 5 more? Don't get me wrong, there are lots of advantages to jerkbaits from what I am reading. Just too costly for me, and I can afford them.

I run 16 punching rigs in my F195. Yeah, I can feel the weight, and I know my arms would feel better with less weight, but the cost/benefit ratio ain't there for me yet.

If it is for you, enjoy. I would rather put my money in expensive lithiums.

... See how ****ing dumb you sound?
    Great response right there. That's exactly the point!

To the OP. thanks for sharing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345