Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    I am on my 3rd RAM. We use it to tow the boat and horse trailer. No problem and it's a comfortable ride.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post
    cant get a 6.2 in a non "trailboss" LT either. its so stupid, from 2014-2018 you had to get the LTZ or High Country.
    You should be able to get it in an RST as well...

No offense intended but the Chevy and GMC trucks look horrible. They look like a Colorado.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Ill take the truck built in the USA every time and after owning GMs it only leave Ford 3.5 eco...
    Riding in a Ford is like riding in a buck board compared to a Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Ill take the truck built in the USA every time and after owning GMs it only leave Ford 3.5 eco...
    What truck isn't built in the USA?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    What truck isn't built in the USA?

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/are-chevy-trucks-made-in-mexico-or-america/

My last two Chevy trucks were built in Mexico.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ187elite View Post
    You should be able to get it in an RST as well...

in 4WD only.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    I didn't realize that any Chevy trucks were made in Mexico. The Oshawa, ON GM plant had closed down but apparently now will be re-opening and building trucks; not sure which models.

We're deep into winterizing now, sometimes the owners hang around and wait so they can take their boat to storage. One guy I talked to Fri. has a GM with the baby DMax, another has the Ram with the Ecodiesel. Both pull big campers (around 9,000#), and big boats regularly. Both get north of 27mpg empty, the GM guy said he averaged almost 29 round trip from here to Fl. and back. The Ram guy says it's the best truck he's owned to date and he trades every other year. The GM guy said the jury is still out since he only has 6,800 miles on it, but so far he loves it. He pulled his camper to the Smokies and back to NKY, said the hills didn't bother the truck at all. If I had the option to buy a new truck now, my first choice would be the 3.5 Ecoboost, followed by Ram then GM.

(606)305-1956

10. Member
    Couldn't pay me to replace my Ram with anything but another Ram. Granted, my boat is smaller, but on my trip from CO to MO and back I averaged 16mpg. Without the boat, I've gotten 26-28mpg highway with it and I get 18-20mpg in city most of the time.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

11. Member
    I’m a die hard Toyota guy, but that Ram has gotten a leg up on the other two, it’s a damn fine truck.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    I didn't realize that any Chevy trucks were made in Mexico. The Oshawa, ON GM plant had closed down but apparently now will be re-opening and building trucks; not sure which models.
    Not sure if this is still true but a few years ago you could look at the Vin # and see where it's made. If your Vin # starts with 1 or 4 it was made in the US, 2- Canada, 3-Mexico. Again not sure if this is true today.

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    Not sure if this is still true but a few years ago you could look at the Vin # and see where it's made. If your Vin # starts with 1 or 4 it was made in the US, 2- Canada, 3-Mexico. Again not sure if this is true today.
    It is still true
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

I have absolutely no complaints about my 2018 F150. The Ecoboost tows my boat like it’s not even back there. Gas mileage is still 19.5 with it leveled on 33’s, and a 93 Octane Custom tune. ABB8813B-CC74-4D7D-80F5-851B9A2E6794.jpeg
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    1/2 tons made in mexico. my 2500 was made in us

16. Member
    I have the 3.0 L power stroke F-150 and absolutely love how it tows. It actually gets better mileage than my dads F-250 pulling his ZX 250. 22-24 mpg without a boat 14-18mpg pulling a boat depending on the terrain and how much of a hurry I’m in.

17. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Riding in a Ford is like riding in a buck board compared to a Ram.
    LOL in 2018 I test drove a brand new single cab short bed F-150 XL. Was plenty peppy even with the 3.3 naturally aspirated v6 and 6 seed trans it had in it. Aside from being cramped with an interior that I just didn't like the layout of I felt EVERY SINGLE BUMP while driving it. It drove really nice so had that going for it I guess. Ended up with the 2016 single cab short bed Ram I now drive and that stubby little truck GLIDES down the road. To be honest the truck I'd want the extended warranty on is a GM. Friend of mine is having the top end rebuilt on the 5.3 in his 2016 as we speak with 90k on it and the trans got rebuilt not too long ago at around 80k. And according to BBC GM trucks are turds but people keep buying them for some reason. I'll stick with Ram for comfort AND reliability.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

18. Member
    Guess I'm in the minority but I like Chevy for the ride suspension. With the right tires, it rides like a Cadillac, it's that smooth. The Ford's I've ridden in were a little harsher ride, and I have not been in a Ram

I have 1 Silverado with 185k miles, same motor and trans (4 speed), and another with 110k same motor and trans (6 speed). Granted mine are older trucks, 2005 and 2012

Should I look at Ram for the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    Guess I'm in the minority but I like Chevy for the ride suspension. With the right tires, it rides like a Cadillac, it's that smooth. The Ford's I've ridden in were a little harsher ride, and I have not been in a Ram

I have 1 Silverado with 185k miles, same motor and trans (4 speed), and another with 110k same motor and trans (6 speed). Granted mine are older trucks, 2005 and 2012

Should I look at Ram for the next one?
    Check out the RAM's, I think you'll be surprised by the ride (and everything else).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast