2017 Merc Optimax pro xs aftermarket alternator

I can't seem to find an after market alternator for my outboard anywhere. Merc wants $600 for one so I'm really not too pumped to give it to them. Anyone else run into this? Any suggestions on where I could find one?
    2017 Triton Trx19 Elite
    225Hp Merc Optimax
    112lb Ultrex
    Bow:
    Helix 12 G4 Mega 360
    Helix 10 G3 Mega SI Maps
    Echo Ultra 106SV LVS34
    Console:
    Helix 9 G3 Mega plus SI DI
    Helix 10 G1 Maps

Ionic 125AH and 3 54AH Dakota lithiums

2. Member
    Have your original one rebuilt locally, aftermarket replacements are a crap shoot and I wouldn't use one.

Suggest you add engine serial number (you will be asked).
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Moving your post to the 3L Forum (that's what your 225 Optimax is).

DON'T waste your money on an aftermarket alternator- they just do NOT hold up to the duty cycle of being spun north of 15K RPM's for extended periods. Rebuilding your current one MAY be an option, although most auto-based shops can't spin the alternator up to operational RPM's to really test it under duty-cycle RPM's.

OEM is the best way to go here. If you drop me an email, I may have an OEM alternator that was brand new (literally used for less than 5 hours).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor