Avid 20Xb, Vexus 2080, and Lund 2075...?

Have everything set up to pull the trigger on a new ride this spring, and have it narrowed down to these 3 boats. I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and fish smaller waters, with a few trips on the Columbia a couple times a year. Most trips are calm, but find myself coming in with 2ft wind waves pretty often, with 3's on occasion- my old champ ate through them if trimmed down and cruising 35-40 no problem. I have no motivation to fish tournaments, just chasing all the fish I can with friends and family, so slowing down to let the boat work waves isn't an issue. I'm looking at these sized boats, as I have 2 elementary aged children, and the room over a 19' boat is valuable to me.

I'm looking for some first hand experience, on any of these 3- so I have an idea what to expect or look for when I do the test rides (all dealers are atleast 3hrs away)

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKodiakWay View Post
    I have no motivation to fish tournaments, just chasing all the fish I can with friends and family, so slowing down to let the boat work waves isn't an issue. I'm looking at these sized boats, as I have 2 elementary aged children, and the room over a 19' boat is valuable to me.

I'm looking for some first hand experience, on any of these 3- so I have an idea what to expect or look for when I do the test rides (all dealers are atleast 3hrs away)
    I can only speak for the Lund, being very familiar with that hull . #1...The 2075 Pro V Bass has the same time tested and proven hull which you also find on the higher sided Walleye type Lund Prov's. #2... It is a deeper V than the other boats you mention. #3... The Lund has a thicker hull. The entire bottom is .125, but the front half of the boat has a second layer (twin plate) which adds another .08. Together the area of the hull that takes the pounding is .205 thick. #4... For friends and family, Lund offers the XS version which has a larger cockpit, with more seating than the other bass boats you mention. #5... Despite being a deeper V. the boat is extremely stable, having the Lund IPS hull,which has a very wide foot print in the water. with wide reverse chines, bow lifting strakes and a pad. When you test drive all three.. hopefully you will be a breezy day (Very common on the Columbia, as I know from considerable experience fishing on her from buoy 10 to the British Columbia border) Compare room,storage, and how slow you can go and remain on plane. ... Then...drive 'em ALL like you stole 'em on the test drive. :)

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    ...how slow you can go and remain on plane...
    This little golden nugget is something I hadn't thought of before, but crucial when I'm running out of the smaller/stump filled backwaters!

4. Member
    I second the rec on the XS version. It’s the only way to go if you want to bring family. The 2075 is a lot more boat than the other two you are comparing it to.

5. Banned
    The Lund rides like a Cadillac, its really a different boat compared to the others. Finally with a padded deck, new consoles, better latches, etc, they are listening to what people want.

6. Member
    I have very little info on the first two. The Lund is a great boat. Sold hundreds of the IPS and IPS 2 hulls. Rumor has it the others are nice also. Lund always handled great in reverse as well as forward. One of the many selling features I had.

7. Member
    I have a Lund pro v bass 1875 xs, went from a ranger 18ft to this. Easily holds 2 12 inch graphs at bow, 10 inch flush mounted in consul and 12 inch on ram mount. Boat rides and handles great with a merc 150 4 stroke. more storage than I know what to do with.