11-14-20 fishing report.

What a great morning of fishing!! Decided to go to Anita, got up about 5am and heard the wind oh great I thought but there no ice so I’m fishing. Got on the water about 6:30 decided to graft for about 1/2hr in front of the campground area lots of pan fish suspended all over. Never saw anything that looked like big bass:-) so I just hit the rocky parts with a small jig.... water was very clean good visibility and temp 46.3* got a few bites right away but couldn’t set the hook fast enough that’s not normal for me either I’m fast on the stick usually. Made me think they were just mouthing it quickly then drop it. Meanwhile another nice boat came in, a nice guy from Nebraska I’ve talked to him before. He was using a jerk bait and I saw him get bit right away. Luck me that’s the only other rods I have on deck as well. I started throwing a 110 and started getting hammered best jerkbait bite I’ve had for quite some time. Nothing over 15” but great time this time of year. Also got the biggest crappie of the year. Stayed in that area most of the time. I did run to the back boat ramp area but no luck. I was off the water and home by 12 for dinner and family/ football Time. Not sure I’ll make it to church tomorrow with my wife still quarantine till Tuesday. (Still feeling great too) So I might just fish a bit in the morning?? If I do I will report. Anybody else make it out?

I hit up a little lake in Omaha today and had a pretty good day. It was also a good jerkbait bite where I was too.

I’ll leave the report in another thread.

3. Banned
    Got out waterfowling yesterday. Had 200 geese get up off the city pond to the south of the field I'm in give me a look but none committed. They all flew a 1/2 mile north to an ethanol plant pond. After loading for 30 minutes, about 2000 geese slowly get up and feed in the field next to me.... my 8 dozen decoys was no match for 2000 live birds.

Did see 2 bass boats heading east on HWY 30. Assuming they were going to brushy creek

Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    Got out waterfowling yesterday. Had 200 geese get up off the city pond to the south of the field I'm in give me a look but none committed. They all flew a 1/2 mile north to an ethanol plant pond. After loading for 30 minutes, about 2000 geese slowly get up and feed in the field next to me.... my 8 dozen decoys was no match for 2000 live birds.

Did see 2 bass boats heading east on HWY 30. Assuming they were going to brushy creek
    In North Dakota, the group I hunted with had a 20 foot enclosed trailer full of full body goose decoys. It took 4 of us over an hour to get them all set up. When the 20,000 or so geese started flying, all of a sudden those were not enough decoys.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    In North Dakota, the group I hunted with had a 20 foot enclosed trailer full of full body goose decoys. It took 4 of us over an hour to get them all set up. When the 20,000 or so geese started flying, all of a sudden those were not enough decoys.
    I'd love a giant full body spread but holy shit are they expensive! $150-200+ for half a dozen is outrageous. I can get 5 dozen silhouettes for $420 and still for everything in the bed of my truck (not the old tacoma I last had lol)

Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    I'd love a giant full body spread but holy shit are they expensive! $150-200+ for half a dozen is outrageous. I can get 5 dozen silhouettes for $420 and still for everything in the bed of my truck (not the old tacoma I last had lol)
    You are right about how expensive they are. One of those guys told me that it was probably around $15K worth of decoys in that trailer. It was at that point that I realized a successful goose hunting spread is definitely a joint venture.