Thread: 2017 Fx20

2017 Fx20

Looking at a 17 fx20 and was wondering of the pros and cons of it before I pull the trigger on it. I'm coming out of a 95 Ranger 488 so I know it's an upgrade. thanks

2. Member
    The older Rangers are tank no doubt. In comparison you see gain in WOT speed and handling. I would suggest you have the motor checked out, original power head?, compression test, PM records validated, hours checked per RPM duration. The SHO is a solid motor as long as it has not been abused and serviced as mfg recommends. If all that checks out mechanically and your happy with the aesthetics then take in for a lake test. You will see a night and day difference in the performance. Good luck, they are great boats.

3. Member
    I had a 17 FX21LE and I loved it. The only con really is the battery compartment. If you ever have to change batteries, its a pain. Other than that though the boat was great. Ride, stability, storage was great. I think if you pull the trigger, you will be happy.

4. Member
    The FX is a very good boat. I came out of those to the new FXR's. I would make sure it has the equipment you need to fish the way you want: trolling motor (Ultrex?), graphs, etc.

5. Member
    Thanks guys a little apprehensive about changing brands, I've always had a ranger and know what to expect, even if mine was older the new ones ride and drive about the same lol.