PT175 - LSS-2 box mounting location

I’m babysitting/semi-inherited a 2005 PT175 that I’m fixing up (15 years of hard labor by my grandfather) and adding a pair of Gen2 HDS units and LSS-2 system that I pieced together.
    My question is where are you guys mounting your LSS boxes on the boat? Under console? Under seat? Storage box?
    Last edited by Tiger260; 11-14-2020 at 08:47 PM.

I mounted the module under the console on the bulkhead (ignore the arrows) but this may not be the best spot for you. The major consideration is ease of access to the transducer, power and Ethernet wiring.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Yeah, that’s where I’ve mounted it on my big boats I’ve owned, but this one is another deal. All of the good spots that are out of the elements are either too small or not a strong/flat enough surface to mount it. Really scratching my head on this one. Might mount it to a makeshift plate that I screw into the bottom of the drivers seat base.

4. Member
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

5. Member
    R2Tracker...that’s what I’m talking about! I knew there was somewhere right under my nose I wasn’t seeing. I’ll see if I can mount a shelf like that in my year model. Thanks brother!