Z20 Spare prop 250 4 stroke

Looking for advice on what everyone is using as a backup prop for the Z20s with the 4 stroke 250? Thanks guys

2. Member
    Same here. Curious if anyone is rolling with a 4 blade. My factory 24 fury seems perfect for a 3 blade and have a random 24 tempest as a spare, wondering if it’s worth it to try to trade in on a four blade for rough water.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    I've heard the fury 4s are throwing fins off. Your random tempest is what I was asking about. I'm just trying to see what spare prop fits basically. Not needed for speed but just in case I have to get back to the ramp if I hit something.

4. Member
    Im sure the tempest works fines for emergencies, I just was thinking of getting a 4 blade for rough water so my spare is more of a secondary prop, not an emergency prop.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Im sure the tempest works fines for emergencies, I just was thinking of getting a 4 blade for rough water so my spare is more of a secondary prop, not an emergency prop.
    I gotcha. I'm going to test a 25 fury just to see how it runs on the top side.

I think a 25p Fury would be too much. Now a 25p Tempest should work.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speed10 View Post
    I gotcha. I'm going to test a 25 fury just to see how it runs on the top side.
    im curious on that as well. I’m getting around 6000 with my 24 fury, wonder where the 25 would be

8. Member
    I have a 23 fury and get about 70, at most, out of it. I ran a tempest 25 and got 72-73, but the hole shot was bad. I figure a fury 24 would be the right prop. I also feel like a Nitro Z20 with a 250 4-stroke should hit 75 fairly easily.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishforbass View Post
    I have a 23 fury and get about 70, at most, out of it. I ran a tempest 25 and got 72-73, but the hole shot was bad. I figure a fury 24 would be the right prop. I also feel like a Nitro Z20 with a 250 4-stroke should hit 75 fairly easily.
    My 24 is running good. Just at the moment it's in the shop getting worked as it was ran hard this past season. I have an opportunity to run a 25 from a friend so i will leave some feedback on how it performs. I was thinking holeshot would be slower but top end possibly a bit better. The 24 i'm seeing consistant 72ish touching 73 at times loaded

My 24 is running good. Just at the moment it's in the shop getting worked as it was ran hard this past season. I have an opportunity to run a 25 from a friend so i will leave some feedback on how it performs. I was thinking holeshot would be slower but top end possibly a bit better. The 24 i'm seeing consistant 72ish touching 73 at times loaded
    Is that with 2 peeps?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Is that with 2 peeps?
    yes i sit at 215 and partner is 190ish

12. Member
    Looking for advice on what everyone is using as a backup prop for the Z20s with the 4 stroke 250? Thanks guys
    This might be a good cheap option for a spare get me home prop: https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...ries/spitfire/