Don, have a question

I was under the impression I had a service master lower unit, then in this thread you said it was never okayed for 250pro xs, http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1091145 what lower unit do I have? Serial Numbers in siggy
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    2B115089 should have a VERADO style gearcase.

That does not appear to be what is on the engine currently (it appears it has the earlier Servicemaster Gearcase, which was used on 225 and lower HP "Standard" Optimax and EFI engine models).

A good over-all view picture of the gearcase would be helpful, though.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 11-16-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    2B115089 should have a VERADO style gearcase.

That does not appear to be what is on the engine currently (it appears it has the earlier Servicemaster Gearcase, which was used on 225 and lower HP "Standard" Optimax and EFI engine models).

A good over-all view picture of the gearcase would be helpful, though.
    thanks i bought my boat new so im sure what is on it belongs, i was miss understanding that verodo and service master were one in the same. thanks for your time

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Weird part is that I'm pretty sure that is NOT the Verado-Style case (based on the narrow-view pictures in your other post).

Side-view of the ENTIRE gearcase would be a good idea...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Someone else's post. That I sited for the words. I don't have a picture but I will compare mine to the one in the link later. If it's to close to tell the difference I'll take a picture