Thread: Sherms Marine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassketcase05 View Post
    This right here!! Sherm is top notch...he can get pretty busy since he's the owner, salesman, and #1 Merc mechanic. He's a straight shooter and won't just tell you what you want to hear.
    Don’t forget he runs his family farm. Last two times I talked with him he was cutting corn and beans. Hats off to him he gets a lot done in a day.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    Don’t forget he runs his family farm. Last two times I talked with him he was cutting corn and beans. Hats off to him he gets a lot done in a day.
    No doubt about it. Sherm burns the candle at both ends. I talked to him yesterday...at least he has his crops in now.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Not that it's a problem for most but I was surprised when I called him couple years back that they don't work on the older EFI motors. Must be busy enough with newer models to work on the 20yr old stuff lol.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishrman View Post
    Not that it's a problem for most but I was surprised when I called him couple years back that they don't work on the older EFI motors. Must be busy enough with newer models to work on the 20yr old stuff lol.
    There is quit a few outboard repair shops that won’t. Most have a 20year limit due to parts being hard to get or not made anymore.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    There is quit a few outboard repair shops that won’t. Most have a 20year limit due to parts being hard to get or not made anymore.
    local harley dealer will not work on bikes 10 years old and older
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    I highly recommend Sherms. Sherm fixed a new boat that I bought from another dealer who had incorrectly prepped it. Sherm treated me just like I bought the boat from him, which is not normal in the boat dealer world. Normally if you don't buy it from the dealer they treat you with lower priority. My next Basscat will come from Sherm. Great people!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12