E-tec G2 motor trailering method

What is available to use for trailering/stowing my G2? I have repowered my ranger z20 with a 225 E-Tec G2 and have a couple of concerns.

1.) Right now I just have the small bracket that flips up to hold the trim in place. Seems so minuscule considering the amount of leverage the motor must put on the transom while bouncing down the road. But I would really like to limit the travel on the steering, as the motor shifts from side to side. Is there a way to lock the steering while trailered?

2.) The dealer that installed my new G2 left my 8" (might be 10") fixed jackplate on the rig and mounted the G2 on top of that. Last night I learned that the mount of the G2 as an additional jackplate length already built into the factory mount on the motor. Anyone see an issue with all this setback? I got to run it about 15 minutes before winter storage. It seemed a little bouncier than normal but I'm no expert.
    James Braun
    jamesb@classiccoatings.com
    Ranger Z20, 225 E-Tec

There are a number of options and manufacturers that build an aftermarket transom / steer stop.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H_...ge-THMLSP.html

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Moto...age-MMLSJ.html

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/DD26...cpage-DDE.html

You'll need one of these to keep the motor from turning when trailering.

united in the pursuit of bass.

3. Member
    I'm using the DD26 brand on my 225 G2 E-Tec. I prefer it over the other brand because it has the cone shaped tips that go into the midsection much easier. The other brand has round tips and they require require everything to be lined up perfectly or you booger up and burr up the round tips.

4. Member
    I used the built in bracket on my G1 with no issues, and currently use the built in bracket on my G2 with no issues.

I have hydraulic steering so I used the TH Marine Steering stops. I have no idea what to do if you have the power steering system. I'm glad I went with hydraulic. It's tried and true.

5. Member
    Thanks guys. You’re awesome!!!
    James Braun
    jamesb@classiccoatings.com
    Ranger Z20, 225 E-Tec

6. Member
    Motormate
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

7. Member
    I use the bracket built in on my E-Tec. I use to use a transom saver then broke my trim. Took it to the dealer and he told me not to use a transom saver and to use what they built into the engine. That was 6 yrs ago and they were right, never had an issue since then and I trailer to Canada every year. Or at least use to. And my engine stays straight too. They did some good engineering on their outboards.

8. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    My integral kick-stand broke, which was replaced under warranty. I went to the MotorMate product for the G2, and will never use anything else... Solid!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...