Thread: New livesight

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp84 View Post
    Wow train running off tracks....
    Sorry about that, but as of right now, there is no active target forward seeing transducer. It’s only a figment of everyone’s imagination.

2. Member
    TC, my Livesight just does not show anything more than 15' out in front of the boat, fish or my bait

3. Member
    Grout, you missed my point. Of those 5 graphs replaced ONLY 1 was a Lowrance issue, the other 4 were our negligence or miss use on our behalf. Fact is all these graphs were out of warranty and still replaced at no charge.

Was thinking about your question how many graphs have i had, i started with their X-65 and currently running Carbons and many in between.

Lowrance has alway supported the Federation and now Bass Nation teams with discounts for their products which helped tournament anglers stay current with technology, for that I’m very thankful. My overall experience through many years of fishing with Lowrance products has been Very Good!!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wire101 View Post
    TC, my Livesight just does not show anything more than 15' out in front of the boat, fish or my bait
    Then there is something wrong, fix that and you will see a 1oz jig at 60 feet or so.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wire101 View Post
    +1

I've has adjusted angle and everything I know to do. Total disappointment. The only thing I can see more than 15' out is a huge laydown or a steep bank. You would think that a 3/4oz jack hammer chatterbait would have a pretty good return.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Then there is something wrong, fix that and you will see a 1oz jig at 60 feet or so.
    I start seeing my a-rig at around 30 feet out.

7. Member
    I have had my Livesight installed and using it since late July - and I am really looking forward to the next step for Lowrance and this technology in general. Initially, I was really disappointed - but over time I have gotten things a little more dialed in for my use. Like most I can't see Fish or my Lure really past 30-35 feet - sometimes 40 but it has to be slick calm. I can see large structures or cover out as far a 100 feet - for example in Michigan in clear water/calm conditions I could the outline of a large wooden barge wreck in 30 FOW at 100ft range (but its just a big blob). For me I run 60 feet range, auto depth and about 80-88% sensitivity but I only really focus on about 30 feet and in - when it's slick calm and fish are suspended I can see them pretty well.

For me it was really like learning 2D sonar all over again - there is a lot of noise that you have to wade through for sure. There is no doubt I have picked up a few more fish each trip with it - I use it in combination with 2D for best results - and it is crazy to watch them follow your bait, then stop, turn away or sometime crash into it and you catch them. I have several Lowrance units but if the new version is not up to par - I will think long and hard about a switch or additional other non-Lowrance unit.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

8. Member
    Jig on Livescope & Livesight:
    Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-9 Live, 3D , Elite FS , Lowrance 360 Vision, Activetarget , Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI G3, Humminbird Mega 360 , Garmin Echomap & Livescope
    Volzhanka 46F, Yamaha 60 hp

9. Member
    Trolling, large pike lure is going out. Start looking from 18 second.
    Lowrance HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-9 Live, 3D , Elite FS , Lowrance 360 Vision, Activetarget , Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI G3, Humminbird Mega 360 , Garmin Echomap & Livescope

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    The main isse with Livesight is that a lot of people don’t really know what they buy before they have it installed and start using it. Livesight is by design closer to Panoptix (PS30) then Livescope (LVS32). And as such it does exactly what it was designed for, after a few softwareupdates that sorted out the issues it had to begin with. The problems come along when the buyer thinks he is getting Livescope-like images from Livesight, that is technically impossible.

There is a reason why Garmin continued with PS30/31 after they launched LVS32, and that reason is that they are designed to do different things. If you expect DownScan-like images with HST-WSBL you will get disapointed. Just like you will get disapointed if you think DownScan shows arches or work in deep water.
    This sums up that situation exactly!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Wynn View Post
    This sums up that situation exactly!
    Thanks. :)
    On the other hand Lowrance (and the other brands) could do better when it comes to explaining that to the consumer (who in most cases do not hang out on forums like these and don’t have detailed insight in which product does what). We see it with Livesight, with Hook2 and with transducers like Bullet, Splitshot and Tripleshot. On this I personally think Garmin is one step ahead, they are a lot better at telling the consumer what NOT to buy, than Lowrance is. Garmin fails on this as well, but on fewer products.

As marine electronics are getting more technical, the brands should take action on that part as well. Not just tell the consumer what a product can do, but also include what it can NOT do in a clear manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaak View Post
    Jig on Livescope & Livesight:
    Excellent comparisons JAAK!! The same will hold true for the new for the new livesight vs the old. Thank you

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Excellent comparisons JAAK!! The same will hold true for the new for the new livesight vs the old. Thank you
    JAAK, Agreed that it was a great comparision. So where is your transducer mounted and what direction is it facing?

14. Member
    It will be good if Lowrance gets close to Garmin.

15. Member
    He must not superstitious, note the Banana's. :D

Best video game fishing example I've seen - awesome. It is suspected that the Lowrance version will be pretty much the current Garmin version (rumors are perhaps a bit better) and Garmin will be coming out with their next version soon. He appears to be using the Down view option.

Kinda funny both Lowrance and bird have these coming out at the same time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidAnderson View Post
    JAAK, Agreed that it was a great comparision. So where is your transducer mounted and what direction is it facing?
    Both ducers were mounted to the same pole, Livesight was higher. In this video Livesight ducer is removed. I can turn them by hand and by cable steer in hands free mode. For now i can turn Livescope ducer to horizontal position for Perspective mode (Scout mode for new Lowrance Active target system) without taking pole out of the water.

I really like my HDS 12 Carbon and 16 Live units. But without the 126 Garmin with Livescope it’s 2nd best everytime.

The main thing I am disappointed in Lowrance about? Announcing awesome technology and then waiting 2 years to produce it. By then, it’s way behind.

19. Member
    I haven't seen this mentioned yet sorry if it has been.

My question to Lowrance is if the xducer for the new "unofficial" item coming out is mounted like the Livescope is. On the side of the trolling motor shaft. And someone has a Lowrance Ghost trolling motor with the auto turning of the motor when stowing, will there be a software upgrade to the Ghost where you can tell it to always stow on the port or starboard side? So the xducer will be on the top. Or will I have to ensure it does it before I go to lock it into place.

Of course there may be enough room between the shaft and the mount. The Ghost seems to sit pretty high on the mount

__________________________________________________ ____
    The wife said \"Buy a new boat, you\'ll catch more fish\". Mines broken!

20. Member
    Well, here's the mounting
    full-46975-75282-low_000_15593_001.jpg

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast