Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Spelling

2. Member
    I am glad that in your OPINION THAT IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE. However, you would be better served by reading the entire chapter of Matt 24 in the KJV 1611 originally used by JWs to truly get the undiluted meaning.
    GOD is the only TRUTH, the teaching of Christ are true for He glorified the Father in them and NOT Himself, yet, we know of many 'scientific findings' and many historical 'facts' have been found to be a fabrications, even after the organization received a Nobel Prize.
    Always remember what GOD himself said about men, that their heart always seek to do evil, and there is none good; Therefore, just like Job cried out wishing that he had an intercessor, we have Christ our intercessor seated at the right hand of GOD refuting the accuser of men.

Be well

3. Banned
    Anyone interested in JW's teaching should research Charles Taze Russell extensively. The man has duped a lot of people in the past hundred fifty years. His teachings have been clearly refuted by everyone in Christendom.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Anyone interested in JW's teaching should research Charles Taze Russell extensively. The man has duped a lot of people in the past hundred fifty years. His teachings have been clearly refuted by everyone in Christendom.
    More than refuted, condemned is more like it.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    More than refuted, condemned is more like it.
    I was trying to be diplomatic.

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:06 AM.

7. Banned
    If there are 30,000 Christian denominations, and millions and millions of Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhist how can you be sure you got it right?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    If there are 30,000 Christian denominations, and millions and millions of Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhist how can you be sure you got it right?
    Rex,
    Which part didn't you get from Lenny and his PAL CJ1, they have the truth and that is the reason why according to them, Jesus was just some guy that even spread some fulse teachings, but this 'great teacher Charles Taze Russell, he has the truth and knows all tells all.According to them everyone else, including Jesus, who BTW, was made by GOD and is not god, got it all wrong.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I was trying to be diplomatic.
    GBS,
    I always try to be more like John the Baptiser and at times our Lord Jesus with the pharisees.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post

Again, don't take my message the wrong way. I'm just baring witness to what I have found to be the truth.
    Hey Lenny,
    I strongly believe that instead of seasoning with salt you have switched to something more potent, BS.
    The only watchtower I will enjoy listening to was written by Bob Dylan and the best version played by Jimmy Hendrix, which I am sure you are going to tell me that it is paganism.

11. Banned
    Dig, how do you know that you are in sole possession of the truth?

12. Member

This should be an interesting answer .

13. Banned
    The Bible is truth, if it goes against God'd word it is false. Many Christians differ on secondary issues, but we all agree on who Jesus Christ is. Thats what seperates Christian faiths from JW's, Mormons, Muslim, Buddhist, Etc. The video I posted on doctrinal triage shows how we disagree on a lot, but Christians do not disagree on who Jesus is.

14. Member
    Rex,
    I will make it very interesting for Derrell, since he loves drama, but the answer to your question is very simple, Jesus Christ himself said that He was in possession of the TRUTH, and that He is the only way to eternal life and NO ONE ( doesn't leave out much does it) can come onto the FATHER in any other way.

You may say onto me that anyone could have made such a statement, so what? Ask yourself if at any time Jesus set himself above GOD, but only glorified and exalted GOD in word and deed until death at the cross. If His words were empty promises, and His deeds done in pride of selfishness, would so many who walked with him gladly gave their live and many there after followed in their steps.

Look at all the others that came before and after Jesus proclaiming to be him or the way, yet their empty words are never to be remembered or taught; Nevertheless here we are talking about His teaching, His ways, and His love for OUR FATHER, even in the prayer that He taught us.

There is only ONE true Church. Christ's Church. The rest are denominations (man made).
    Long article but it clearly explains this. The Church of Christ is the 1st Church and only Church.

http://lavistachurchofchrist.org/LVa...lComeFrom.html
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    There is only ONE true Church. Christ's Church. The rest are denominations (man made).
    Long article but it clearly explains this. The Church of Christ is the 1st Church and only Church.

Ouch !

" A Few Good Fish"

" A Few Good Fish"

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post

So, are you saying that this church is the actual church that Christ established? and it has been continued for over 2K yrs? though I do not in any way shape or form ever recall Christ establishing a church during is years of ministry, nevertheless, congregations were established afterwards, which in that case it would make them all man made. (Not made in china btw)
    Perhaps it would be of great help if you re-read the first part of Revelations where Christ is chastening the churches.
    Last edited by digthemup; 11-16-2020 at 11:14 AM. Reason: spelling

So, are you saying that this church is the actual church that Christ established? and it has been continued for over 2K yrs? though I do not in any way shape or form ever recall Christ establishing a church during is years of ministry, nevertheless, congregations were established afterwards, which in that case it would make them all man made

I am not saying anything........It is what is taught in the Bible.

Just before Christ was arrested and crucified, he spent some hours in prayer. A part of his prayer is in John 17:20-21: "I do not ask in behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that Thou didst send Me." Christ prayed that all who believe in him might be one -- united, even as he and the Father were one. The Scriptures teach that the Godhead consists of three beings: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Three separate beings, yet complete oneness, as they are united in purpose, work and divine nature. The Scriptures also teach that husband and wife are no longer two, but one (Matthew 19:6). Obviously there are still two people, but in the relationship that God intends, there is harmony and unity -- oneness.

Christ's promise to build his church was fulfilled on Pentecost in Jerusalem c. 33 A.D. (by the common reckoning of time). The record is in Acts 2, according to the promises Christ had made. In Mark 9:1, he said that some then living would not die "until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power." In Acts 1:3-8, just before ascending to heaven, he instructed the disciples to wait in Jerusalem until the appointed time, and then in Acts 2 it all happened, as the Holy Spirit's power came on the apostles. Peter's sermon on that auspicious day cited the fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel 2:28-32 concerning the beginning of the church or kingdom of God. That which belongs to Christ is a kingdom in the sense of his authority as King, and is a church in the sense that those who belong to Christ are "called out" of the world to be a separate people.

Now, look at the religious world. Do we see the unity for which Christ prayed? Do we see the harmony that is in heaven? Can we picture the Father being a Pentecostal, Christ a Lutheran and the Holy Spirit a Mormon? Or can we imagine the Paul establishing the Methodist Church while Peter is working to begin the Baptist Church, and at the same time John is planning to establish the Presbyterian Church across town? That gives us the picture of one believing that baptism is by immersion, another believing it is by sprinkling water, and the third not even practicing baptism at all. That's a far cry from what Christ prayed for. And that means that what we have in the religious world is the opposite of what Christ prayed for. Yet we have people who thank God for all the denominations. Are they thankful for the division and confusion that denominationalism has brought to the world? But division is not from God, "for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints" (I Corinthians 14:33). Furthermore, in Christ's prayer for unity, we note that he stated that if his followers are "one," the result will be "that the world may believe that Thou didst send Me" (John 17:21). Now, if unity promotes belief, then what does the division and disunity that is prevalent produce? Multitudes have been "turned off' by the division that exists, and have turned away from God in disbelief.

The point is that in the beginning, there were no denominations. It didn't matter whether you were in Jerusalem, Rome, Philippi or Corinth, the church was the same. Oh, there were problems in the local churches, but when Paul was travelling and went into a town looking for Christians with whom to worship, he didn't have 75 denominations from which to make a choice. There were not even two denominations. There was only the one body, which was not a denomination. Now, a large city might have more than one local congregation meeting in it (cf. Romans 16:3-5), but they were of the same kind. They all followed the same creed, the Word of God, as it was proclaimed by men inspired of God, and as it was being recorded for future generations. The foundation of their faith was in this Word, for "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ" (Romans 10:17).
    " A Few Good Fish"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast