Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    This is one of the many things created by a misunderstanding of Eschatology. Once you deny Jesus and the apostles view (Biblical view) on the second appearing it trickles down into all other areas and muddies the water hence we have conflict :(

1. Historical narrative does not mandate it to be "sound / correct doctrine" it can simply mean historical narrative.

2. The new testament was written during the transition (approx. 39 years) from Old Covenant (law , prophets) to New Covenant (Kingdom of God/ New Covenant *consummated ).

3. One should have a decent understanding of Second Temple Judaism (2TJ) to assist in understanding the N.T.
    Why would we need to understand 2TJ? Honestly I have never heard the term before.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Why would we need to understand 2TJ? Honestly I have never heard the term before.
    Neither had I until I spent 6 years studying eschatology. HaHa. Pharisees / Sadducees , Temple practices. Messiah's expectations , John the Baptist out in the desert during the life of Christ, Temple mount , Maccabean revolt , Seleucid, Kingdom expectations .....................I could go on and on.

I am not a expert on it just spent time studying it which gave this 21st century American dumby some idea of what was happening in the life of a Jewish person during the writing of the New Testament.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    When sin entered the world. That's when man was given free will to make his own choices. Every body has a choice to believe what they want. The Church of Christ strictly adheres to what the Bible teaches. You dont add to the Word or take anything away from the Word.
    GOD gave free will to man/woman when He created them, hence that is the reason that they were able to sin and make the wrong choice. If it would have been in the order you are describing, we would not be in the mess we are in, since they would NOT have been able to make the sinful choice they made. Nice simple SHORT answer.
    BTW, are you with the Church of Christ (later day saints)?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    GOD gave free will to man/woman when He created them, hence that is the reason that they were able to sin and make the wrong choice. If it would have been in the order you are describing, we would not be in the mess we are in, since they would NOT have been able to make the sinful choice they made. Nice simple SHORT answer.
    Thank you

5. Member
    GBS,
    you know me. I like to run point, and always on point.
    Be well brother

6. Banned
    GBS,
    you know me. I like to run point, and always on point.
    Be well brother

No I'm not a member of the latter day saints church. That is the mormon religion started by Joseph Smith.
    I'm a member of the Church of Christ. The nondenominational (not man made) which was 1st established by Christ.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

8. Member
    No I'm not a member of the latter day saints church. That is the mormon religion started by Joseph Smith.
    I'm a member of the Church of Christ. The nondenominational (not man made) which was 1st established by Christ.
    Apparently, you have been made to believe the above lie or you really don't know what you believe in where it started.

The church of Christ
    The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians. They pleaded for the Bible as the only standard of faith, without additional creeds, and for the unity of the people of God by the restoration of New Testament Christianity. Refusing affiliation with any sect, they called themselves simply Christians.

That seems pretty men made to me, and I am wondering that if you look at the where-made label close enough, it made be made by the same people that brought us C-19.
    Last edited by digthemup; 11-23-2020 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

" A Few Good Fish"

10. Member
    Regardless of how many videos you post of someone trying to convince you that this church is the very first church which Christ appeared to after He resurrected and visited them in Jerusalem,
    these are the FACTS that cannot be denied or changed by anyone or any video.

The church of Christ
    The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians.

11. Member
    Regardless of how many videos you post of someone trying to convince you that this church is the very first church which Christ appeared to after He resurrected and visited them in Jerusalem,
    these are the FACTS that cannot be denied or changed by anyone or any video.

The church of Christ
    The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians.

Dig I think we agree on something LOL :)

Apparently, you have been made to believe the above lie or you really don't know what you believe in where it started.

The church of Christ
    The early history of this group is identical to that of the Disciples of Christ. They developed from various religious movements in the United States in the early 19th century, especially those led by Barton W. Stone in Kentucky and Thomas Campbell and Alexander Campbell in Pennsylvania and West Virginia. These men had all been Presbyterians. They pleaded for the Bible as the only standard of faith, without additional creeds, and for the unity of the people of God by the restoration of New Testament Christianity. Refusing affiliation with any sect, they called themselves simply Christians.

That seems pretty men made to me, and I am wondering that if you look at the where-made label close enough, it made be made by the same people that brought us C-19.
    Yup. You are somewhat correct. They were men who were part of the Presbyterian church. But as they dug deeper into the Bible and studied, they found that the Presbyterian church had some things that did not agree with what the Bible taught. They were part of the "restoration movement" which is just restoring the Truth and getting back to the Word of God. The actual Church was founded in Acts chapter 2. I already posted an article that shows the history of why there are so many other religions.

" A Few Good Fish"

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Last edited by LennyB; 04-17-2021 at 06:08 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    Digthemup and Godsdozer,

Do you guys have an actual religion, or do you just read the Bible and make your own determination of what it means? I'm not being smart. I'm just curious so I can research what the religion actually believes so I can determine for myself where they stand on the Bible. You guys always loose me in all your explanations.

Good afternoon Lenny

I have put my faith in Jesus for my salvation. I have confessed Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead.

Romans 10 ........The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” d that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” f

Hope that helps clarify my religion

16. Banned
    Good afternoon Lenny

I have put my faith in Jesus for my salvation. I have confessed Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead.

Romans 10 ........The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” d that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:9If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.11As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” f

Hope that helps clarify my religion
    Amen

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyB View Post
    Digthemup, Godsdozer, and Grandbassslayer

Do you guys have an actual religion, or do you just read the Bible and make your own determination of what it means? I'm not being smart. I'm just curious so I can research what the religion actually believes so I can determine for myself where they stand on the Bible.
    Lenny,
    The issues you have is clearly brought about by 1 thing and 1 thing only, religion, and that religion keeps you enslaved to their corrupt believes, since they tell you that they are the 'only way to salvation' or you are eternally lost.
    Perhaps, you have forgotten or never learned that the pharisees were the most religious people on the face of the earth, yet, due to wanting to preserve their 'religion' conspired to murder ( 'Thou shall not murder' commended by GOD) the Son of GOD, the Redeemer, The Saviour, God in human form.

Let me ask you a simple question, what religion did Paul say that he belonged to?
    (There you will find me)
    BTW, GOD does not care where your congregation, your church, your parents, your wife, your cousins, etc. believe or stand about the Scriptures, but where do YOU stand in your believes on THE WORD. ( the one you called 'a god')

18. Member
    Dig I think we agree on something LOL :)

19. Member
    Yup. You are somewhat correct. They were men who were part of the Presbyterian church. But as they dug deeper into the Bible and studied, they found that the Presbyterian church had some things that did not agree with what the Bible taught. They were part of the "restoration movement" which is just restoring the Truth and getting back to the Word of God. The actual Church was founded in Acts chapter 2. I already posted an article that shows the history of why there are so many other religions.

I guess you are saying that Acts 2 occurred in the late 19th century in KY, PA, WV ? which would be the only way to validate you above statement.

" A Few Good Fish"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast