200 efi not cranking

Engine is a 2000, 200 Mercury efi, Serial Number: OT157051

Hello! After disconnecting the cranking battery and changing voltage regulators I went to try to start my motor and there was no click and no
    starter engaged at the turn of the key. I have triple checked my battery connections and cleaned terminals (as well as made sure battery is fully charged), and I am getting normal voltage to the incoming side of the solenoid. I then checked the little yellow wire (with red stripe) on top of the solenoid to see if it was getting voltage when the key is turned, and it was not getting power. I had ran the motor earlier that day and it turned over no problem, so I find it very unlikely that the neutral safety switch went bad in that time frame. It's too much of a coincidence that this happened after hooking the battery back up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Colorado State University Bass Team

2000 Viper Cobra 201D, 200 merc efi

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check the cannon-plug connector (disconnect, clean male pins, spread male pins SLIGHTLY with an exacto-knife, reconnect and strap connector into it's recess in the electrical plate.

Also verify the lanyard is ON, and wiggle shifter to make sure you're not dealing with a simple "not closed neutral-safety switch.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank you so much Don!! Your tips with the cannon connector did the trick!
    Colorado State University Bass Team

2000 Viper Cobra 201D, 200 merc efi