Thread: 660 Actuator

660 Actuator

I know that when you store a trailer with the A-60 actuator you should chock the wheels and pull forward so that the cylinder is in the correct position. I can’t find this issue in the manual for the 660 and drum brakes. Does it work the same way?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    I know that when you store a trailer with the A-60 actuator you should chock the wheels and pull forward so that the cylinder is in the correct position. I can’t find this issue in the manual for the 660 and drum brakes. Does it work the same way?
    Mine A60 doesn’t, once I unhook it is freewheeling

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Mine A60 doesn’t, once I unhook it is freewheeling
    It isn't to make the wheels freewheeling, it is to prevent rust:

Quote Originally Posted by DABS View Post
    The reason for pulling forward is to allow the piston in the master cylinder to return to zero, against the snap ring. This protects the honed cylinder and keeps it from rusting. A rusted cylinder will subject you to hot brakes situation by not releasing the piston all the way and allowing the fluid to return to the reservoir.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=#post10363452

4. mikesxpress
    Before you back the trailer in place install the lock out tab and put a speaker magnet over it to keep it in place. This keeps the actuator extended. Disconnect the trailer and remove the magnet/lock out tab. No chocking.

5. mikesxpress

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Before you back the trailer in place install the lock out tab and put a speaker magnet over it to keep it in place. This keeps the actuator extended. Disconnect the trailer and remove the magnet/lock out tab. No chocking.
    Instead of messing with the lockout tab I put a lockout cap on my A-60.

I am still looking for an answer on the 660 actuator. Does that need the same attention?