So has the ghost tree issue been fixed?

First time on this forum in six months. When I was last here everyone was in an uproar about the ghost tree, but no postings on the issue now. Was the issue fixed with an update from Garmin?

2. Banned
    nope, and seems many folks are trying to UN update them

3. Member
    Nope! And latest update to address the issue is worthless!

I don't think it will/can be fixed with current hardware.

5. Member
    I got the ghost tree show up for the first time fishing this past Tuesday. I have fished that waypoint dozens of times since I got my system in May and no ghost tree issues. I even had the latest software update last week and it was not there. The lake I fish is starting is winter turnover and the lake temp was 5 degrees cooler than last week. also it’s wAy cooler than when than the water temps that were in May. Summer months which May basically is here the lake temps are in the mid 80’s to almost 100. This week it is now in the upper 60’s to low 70’s. Th water is not as clear ether. So that might have something to do with it. The fish swam right through it so it was no big deal. Perspective mode did not have it. Only forward mode. I’m going tomorrow so I will see if it shows up again.

6. Member
    I didn't have any problems last year with a ghost tree or dead zone all through the winter. My picture was crystal clear as it was for the 16 months prior updating to the Perspective View software. Since March nothing but issues. Cold water, hot water, no difference to me except for a period in early spring with the pollen and algae bloom.
    Dead zone about a 5' or larger arch across my screen equal to water depth. Makes fishing open water or brush pile fishing in clear water tough!

7. Member
    So why don’t you back to the software that you had prior to perspective mode if it did not cause you any issues? You got me confused with all the problems the update is causing. Just go back to the version you had that did not cause you issues.

8. Banned
    Last edited by Kulibin; 11-13-2020 at 01:56 AM.

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    So why don’t you back to the software that you had prior to perspective mode if it did not cause you any issues? You got me confused with all the problems the update is causing. Just go back to the version you had that did not cause you issues.
    its not a guarantee and if it messes up your unit Garmin will not warranty it

10. Member
    I went back to 2.20 with 2 of my Ultra 122 units as well. As Kulibin stated it didn't cure my problem. I can't say why it didn't, I'm no software expert but I'm 100% convinced that even though I rolled back to 2.20 something changed in my system. Now I've got an 8612 unit and it still has the same issue. I have not and don't plan to try and do a forced rollback on this unit. Been there ,done that, seen the results.
    Again I will asked, has ANYONE seen positive results using "ghost tree reject" from the latest software update?
    Would love to hear some positive results backed up with pictures or videos.
    Anyone?

11. Member
    I have experimented with it a little more. When I turn up gain enough to get the tree, I can almost eliminate it with the new setting. Problem is, I start losing my jig when directly down. Since ghost tree doesn't affect my fishing, I simply turn it off. I'd rather see my jig.

12. Member
    I went out a couple of days ago and my unit was almost unusable. Couldn't see the jig, the fish images lacked enough detail to do much good. If they were free swimming, you could see them but if they were holding on structure, not so much. I had my GLS S/W update at 2.41 and my head unit at 13.30.

I rolled the GLS10 back to 2.20 just a few minutes ago. Roll back seemed to work as intended but I will have to get back out to see if things improved.

I love the Livescope when it is working properly. However, I am NOT impressed with Garmins Customer Support. I was planning on buying one of their trolling motors but am rethinking that idea.

Wayne

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneM1946 View Post
    I went out a couple of days ago and my unit was almost unusable. Couldn't see the jig, the fish images lacked enough detail to do much good. If they were free swimming, you could see them but if they were holding on structure, not so much. I had my GLS S/W update at 2.41 and my head unit at 13.30.

I rolled the GLS10 back to 2.20 just a few minutes ago. Roll back seemed to work as intended but I will have to get back out to see if things improved.

I love the Livescope when it is working properly. However, I am NOT impressed with Garmins Customer Support. I was planning on buying one of their trolling motors but am rethinking that idea.

Wayne
    A guide on youtube said he liked the TM but having to replace three of them cost him a lot of money while down.