Thread: Rain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    The club I fish with had a tournament on Sunday (I did not participate) and there were some fish caught. The forecast for the week has no rain so I would expect by this weekend for the lake to be in decent shape and the cooler water temps should help the bite. Water is still extremely murky as you go north of Big Indian Creek but it should start clearing. Lake level is now a few inches above full pool and dropping slowly. The strong winds aid in moving wood out of the main channel to the shorelines and trust me when I say that there is some big stuff floating around out there. I pulled out quite a few big pieces today that were hung up on my dock. A power wash will be needed.

2. Member
    I went today and it had come down a lot. I was able to skip under docks with plenty of clearance. Fished in the Roanoke and stayed in creeks mostly due to high winds. Creeks have some color but main lake is clear.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Where I live near R54 definitely looks fishable today. Plenty of stain but I've caught them well with this amount of stain. Should be a good weekend, I haven't seen a boat go by in a week. I don't think I've seen this happen, ever before. The fish probably wonder where all the anglers have gone. Meanwhile, the deer probably wonder why there are some many smelly humans in the woods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12