Thread: REPORTS?

REPORTS?

So, here we are November in Oklahoma. How is fishing for everybody? Seems like I’m catching a few more fish, but I’m still trying to figure out what’s the best thing to throw this time of year and on into the winter. Right now crank baits are doing pretty good for me, and swim jigs if I’m throwing up into the weeds. Looking for some guidance as I’m still trying to learn. Is this typically a good time of year and want is a good go to bait? Thanks for any advice. Thanks to this forum I do a lot better than I used to, but I still have a long ways to go. If we were walleye fishing I could be offering advice, but the bass fishing is still pretty much kickin my butt....

2. Banned
    Couldn't tell you everytime I says something about going fishing she says she wants to go catch some cats and I end up over on Oolagah.

Haven't been since water temps were in mid to late 70's. Would love to, but been busy.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

4. Member
    Went today, I caught them on square bill crank baits and also did pretty good with swim jigs in the weeds. Nothing big, but numbers were good. Water temp was warmer than I expected 58 to 60°

5. Member
    chatter baits and spinnerbaits on secondary points. friend fishing within 1/4 mile of me catching them in brush flipping. quality about the same between us. we both had one in 5pd range

Went to Tenkiller yesterday. Water temps 62-64 from mid lake on down. Caught 8 with only two over 14”. Nothing on topwater but caught them on a variety of baits. Jerkbait, Ned rig, and 3.8” Keitech swim bait on 1/4 oz head. Water had fallen and was only a foot or so high. Hoping to get a crank bait bite but nothing to show for for my efforts. Should have backed off and thrown a football jig but really wanted to try new crank bait rod and new crankbaits. Good luck.

7. Member
    Went to Grand last weekend. Caught 7 keepers and a couple of shorts. All on a 3/8 double willow white spinnerbait and a KVD 1.5 squarebill. Most were midway or further back in the bigger creeks, and all were around tons of shad. Water was 59 degrees and wind was blowing pretty good out of the south. Fished from 7:30 to around noon.

Hit Tenkiller a couple weeks ago and caught a 4 and a 3 largemouth super shallow. Blanked on Gibson a few days ago. But I did catch a dang walleye!!!

9. Member
    Thank you for the reports, please keep them coming from around the state. Knowing what’s working for the time of year is very helpful. Nobody’s asking for your secret fishing holes, but sharing what’s working is definitely helpful!

Fished a couple small municipal lakes in N. OK this weekend and didn't catch many but I did catch a few decent ones. Water temps were 51-53 on both lakes and both had pretty clear water although the one I fished today had a heck of an algae bloom going on in the creek arms. Caught a few on jerkbaits, a few on traps and a majority came on a jig.
    Lots of shad still way back in the creeks.

11. Banned
    Fished Broken bow Friday and Saturday. Went through the boat Friday morning cranks, jerk, a-rig, spinner, t-rig, almost every bait I have. Noticed a fish chasing shad shallow tied on a buzz bait and started catching fish nothing big but found around 30 in two day. Would have never dreamed of throwing top water this late in year water temp 58.6.