Fuel/water separators.

PRO XS 225 #2N737621. PRO KICKER 15 EFI #OR915564
    I know this topic has been debated to death and after hearing Don’s advice I removed the Mercury high capacity filter(8m0079963)
    that the dealer installed.My Hewescraft has 2 fuel pickups in the tank(90 gal.)one for the main and one for the kicker.I’m thinking of using a Racor Snapp 10 micron unit on the kicker feed only.This would allow for a visual inspection of any water in fuel tank via the clear bowl on the Racor.This should have no effect on the main engine and since the kicker runs more than the main it should serve as an early warning of water in the fuel before the engine mounted filters become an issue.I’d like to hear Don’s or others opinions of this.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Certainly less likely to cause problems on the kicker.

BTW... your 225's serial number is probably 2"bee"737621.

There's an option to remove the Under-Cowling filter on the V8 model, replacing it with Part# 8M0152433 (90 degree bypass fitting), and then installing a Remote Filter Kit with WIF harness (such as: 8M0135386).

The 8M0135386 filter kit INCLUDES the bypass fitting (if using some other remote filter kit with water-in-fuel capability, you would need the bypass fitting ordered separately).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks Don.You are correct on the ser.#a little typo action there.If I get the 8M0135386,Where does the harness plug into? I have a Merc monitor SC1000 tach and Also vessel view mobile which I view on an I-Pad.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Harness would extend from the plug that was previously plugged into the IN-COWLING filter (where the bypass is installed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks Don.