Thread: Hamby repair?

Hamby repair?

This boat came to me with a big chunk missing out of the bow shield - probably 2" long, 1-1/2" wide and close to 1" deep. Glass looks OK around it, and the protector is bonded fine. I'm assuming that it's Hamby and original to the boat. I had filled it with urethane flashing caulking but that doesn't cure hard enough, and the ragged edge collects weeds. Any ideas? Thx!

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

Hard to repair a Hamby's & expensive ( to me anyway ). Mine came loose art the rear, about a foot of it. Tried several times to reseal it, nope, hamby's is hard rubber & not easy to work with. Took mine off after a lot of effort & frustration and repaired with a Megaware keel guard. Now that's just my experience, you may have better luck than me.

3. Member
    Thanks, I've read about people's issues with peeling keelguards and the inability to re-adhere them. Mine isn't coming loose at all, a prior owner took a big bite out of it (ran it into a chunk of steel maybe?). I did a little more study last night, and catalyzed urethane rubbers (made for fixing conveyor belts, etc) look like a winner, but they are expensive (couple of benjamins to find out) and open containers don't store well.

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

4. Member
    Why don't you just take a knife, razor, dremel or something and smooth out the ragged edges?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Why don't you just take a knife, razor, dremel or something and smooth out the ragged edges?
    There's a big chunk missing, it looks nasty! http://

I believe they use windshield sealant to adhere the Hamby's. BassCat Parts sells the adhesive.

Don't be Dull, Let Your Boat Shine with Pro-Tec WWW.PROTECPRODUCTS.COM

7. Member
    i used 610 sealent i beleive . Reinstalled it after installing a gator hull