Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Can anyone explain why we've all been running 100ah lead acid and AGM's for years, and now 50ah lithiums have become the standard?

2. Member
    When I mounted my 3 - 50ah batters, I purchased the ICON battery tray that was made for it newer batters. The one I got was the three bank and it fits in the location of the two bank tray. Removed the threaded rods and nuts, and transferred the hole pattern to the new tray. Mounted it to the base of the existing tray using the holes that I drilled in new tray, used flat head screws to "Bolt" the new try to the black tray already mounted. Several reasons, as I didn't want to drill more holes into the foam box, and the existing was secure, Also if i learned a few years from now that i could decide to go back to lead or gel cells. The new aluminum tray nothing in comparison to the one that Cat uses, but so far has held tight with the strap.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny3Times View Post
    Can anyone explain why we've all been running 100ah lead acid and AGM's for years, and now 50ah lithium have become the standard?
    My basic thought process or level of understanding, (That is most likely way off base) really think this is all due to the chemical makeup of the battery. The Lithium's have a much tighter cell density than can hold much more reserve power. This in turn allow a small batter to be used to deliver same watts over a long period of time, decreasing the larger battery for a more efficient battery type. Many call this a depth of discharge. Wet cell can only be discharged to a certain level many calls about 50% of total availability, where the Lithium's can be discharged closer to 80%The website below seems to cover these basics of questions.

https://www.cleanenergyreviews.info/...d-acid-battery

I truly believe were not done with the new battery technology as the Auto sector will be introducing newer technology in the next few years. I do believe the lead cells are a thing in the past.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCougarFTD View Post
    When I mounted my 3 - 50ah batters, I purchased the ICON battery tray that was made for it newer batters. The one I got was the three bank and it fits in the location of the two bank tray. Removed the threaded rods and nuts, and transferred the hole pattern to the new tray. Mounted it to the base of the existing tray using the holes that I drilled in new tray, used flat head screws to "Bolt" the new try to the black tray already mounted. Several reasons, as I didn't want to drill more holes into the foam box, and the existing was secure, Also if i learned a few years from now that i could decide to go back to lead or gel cells. The new aluminum tray nothing in comparison to the one that Cat uses, but so far has held tight with the strap.
    Do you have a picture of the set up?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2013sabre View Post
    What would be recommended for a 24v Ultrex on a 2020 Cougar for Lithium battery size?

I am not sure if I can get by with 2 50ah or need the 100ah....looking at Ionic
    I just went from a 36V Fortrex to a 24V Ultrex and bought a Dakota 24V 50Ah. Haven't ran it yet just installing this weekend.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

6. Member
    Here is my battery set up. The new charger was mounted in the same location as the original charger was mounted. My breaker set up consist of one for General boat power, One for the graphs / LS /360, 60 for two power poles, and the last 60 was for the TM. This will allow me not having to unplug the TM during charging.

Let me know if you need any other photos,

Battery 1.jpgBattery 2.jpg
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Here is my battery set up. The new charger was mounted in the same location as the original charger was mounted. My breaker set up consist of one for General boat power, One for the graphs / LS /360, 60 for two power poles, and the last 60 was for the TM. This will allow me not having to unplug the TM during charging.

Let me know if you need any other photos,

Battery 1.jpgBattery 2.jpg
    Did you take out your Bass Cat aluminum tray and mount the one for the Ionic? If so was it hard to do and did you seal the holes from the old tray?

8. Member
    All I did was removed the top and all thread rods. Installed the tray using 5/16 flat head into the existing BassCat tray. The tray was still secured and didn’t want to deal with filling and drilling more holes. Also this would give me flexibility to revert back to original setup if needed.
    Eric Beaty
    2013 BassCat Cougar FTD
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    All I did was removed the top and all thread rods. Installed the tray using 5/16 flat head into the existing BassCat tray. The tray was still secured and didn’t want to deal with filling and drilling more holes. Also this would give me flexibility to revert back to original setup if needed.
    Good idea Thanks.

10. Member
    I'm interested in swapping over to Lithium, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around what I'd need.

1. Who is the board sponsor that sells them?

2. Can someone help guide me along my options?

My setup:
    Cougar w/ 2019 Merc 4stroke 250.
    2 Power poles
    36v Ghost
    16" Lowrance
    12" Lowrance
    12" Garmin w/ Livescope
    MinnKota MK-460PC onboard charger

I currently have 4 AGM batteries - 1 for crank/electronics, and 3@36v for trolling motor.

I've never ran them dead during a day. I don't want to switch to Lithium if they're likely to be dead after 8 hours.

Am I correct in assuming I would need a different onboard charger?

My goal is just to lose some weight back there and improve the hole shot when fully loaded with gas and water.
    2023 Puma STS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    I'm interested in swapping over to Lithium, and I'm trying to wrap my mind around what I'd need.

1. Who is the board sponsor that sells them?.
    Drewcraft
    http://Drewcraft.com

They have a few products on their site. They even have upgraded bow rollers, I think......
    2018 Basscat Eyra- Mercury Pro XS 250

SOLD!!

12. Member
    Finally got to tryout the New Ionic batteries last weekend and they worked great. I ran the TM on 60% in a 20mph north wind for 7 hrs and checked the Bluetooth and still had 90% charge left awesome batteries. I have 2 12V 50ah that run a 80# 24V Minn Kota and it pushed the boat around no problem.

TNReb, Imo if you work your prop the gains will be more noticeable and alot cheaper than a lithium set up. My buddy just did lithium's in his puma and hole shot gain was minimal, top end didnt really increase either.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post

1. Who is the board sponsor that sells them?

2. Can someone help guide me along my options?

My setup:
    Cougar w/ 2019 Merc 4stroke 250.
    2 Power poles
    36v Ghost
    16" Lowrance
    12" Lowrance
    12" Garmin w/ Livescope
    MinnKota MK-460PC onboard charger

I currently have 4 AGM batteries - 1 for crank/electronics, and 3@36v for trolling motor.

I've never ran them dead during a day. I don't want to switch to Lithium if they're likely to be dead after 8 hours.

Am I correct in assuming I would need a different onboard charger?

My goal is just to lose some weight back there and improve the hole shot when fully loaded with gas and water.
    No you don’t need a new charger. I have an older Minn Kota charger and it works just fine it just takes a little longer to charge to 100%. The batteries last twice as long on one charge than a normal battery. I would give call the company above and talk to them on what set up is best for you as they are not cheap.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234