Got lucky with my new 200DF today

Fished today did well despite having an incoming tide. They hit buzz baits as well as jugs and crankbaits. My hotfoot has been sticking, I oiled it with WD-40, it's all I keep in the boat. Well yesterday, after fishing about 15 miles of Marshyhope Creek, I decided to quit early, not use the whole day fishing. I approached the ramp, there was another boat just starting off, I slowed down to give him the word on what they were hitting. I coasted past him and turned around to draw alongside when the boat took off on its own. I made a couple of circles at half throttle and finally turned the switch off.
    No matter how I hit the Hotfoot the throttle was stuck.
    Couldn't put it in gear, the automatic rev limiter kept pulsing the motor from 1000 to 3500 RPM. Long story short I found I had a BROKEN throttle wire. Notice I didn't say throttle cable. The throttle is a push on a Suzuki, versus a pull, so they use a wire instead of a cable. The broken wire segment held the throttle partly open. If this had happened down river I would still be there. I made it back to the ramp on the T/M and loaded the boat with the bow cable.
    I'm headed for the dealer this morning. I'll probably pay $20 or so over my Amazon price, but if it doesn't fit, I'll be able to exchange it right away.

2. Member
    Bought the new cable assembly from the Dealer. I estimated the length at 16 feet, it appeared to be 13.5 feet to the motor plus a loop in the bilge for slack I went with 16 feet. The parts man said the part number would be on the old cable and it would be the last two digits.
    Well, since I was not about to take the old one out without pulling a new one with it, and the boat was 25 miles away, I bought the 16 foot one. When I got back home I found the old cable P/N ended in 15, so at 16 feet I felt comfortable and pulled it through. I finished the installation last night, reassembled the boat and was going to check it today.
    I invited my friend Bob to fish with me, his trolling motor died and he is waiting for a new one.
    We launched the boat. Got in and the motor would not crank. I didn't have any tools so we fished in the marina and caught some fairly good bass. On the way home I called the mechanic at the dealer and asked him if I could have screwed anything up. He asked me.............................................did you check the Kill switch?.........................
    Kill switch? I pulled the truck over and went back to the boat. No wire going to the kill switch, it had been knocked off. Hooked it up and it fired right off.

Ever feel stupid?